ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i just bought this car and i dont know what all the switches do. Its an '88 and some stuff may not work so that may be why i cant figure this stuff out. Theres a switch to the left of the steering wheel that sits all by itself. It is a rocker switch and it has what looks like a light bulb and a gauge on it. What does this do? Also on the end of the stick that operates the windshield wipers there is a knob that turns and makes a blue bar go back and forth between "S" and "L" and it doesnt seem to do anything. The third switch i have a question about it one on the center console right by the storage box. It is a black switch with what looks like a red 'defrost' symbol on it. Heated seats maybe? Im at a loss. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
304 Posts
the blue twirly one is for intermitten (sp) windshield wipers. L = longer time between strokes S= shorter time... i believe it varies from 4 to 12 seconds

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks thats what i was guessing.... i suppose thats broken then it dont to anything on my car with the wipers on or off.... or maybe im a complete idiot and just arent using it right... who knows well thanks anyways one switch down two to go.....

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
the rocker switch is your dash lights dimmer if I remember correctly from my 88 (haven't owned it or been in one since about 2001). Also, the red defroster mine didn't have, but I don't think heated leather was an option. I would guestimate that it might have had a separate switch for side view mirror defrosters. . . on my z32 this option was deleted in favor of combining the mirror defrosters with the rear window defroster switch. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
^^ confirmed. the wiper blade twist knob is for the timing of the intermittent wipers. The rocker switch is for your dash lights. And the switch on your console is for the mirror heaters.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks a lot everyone for clearing that up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.