ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled across a later model nissan (i think a late 80's maxima) in the junkyard. It had a straight-6 (just like the one in the z's). My friend said that it was a 3 liter engine. Is this true? Are there masses of 3 liter engines just waiting for a bolt-in swap into my 240? What are the differences in the cylinder heads?

·
Registered
161 Posts
No. The straight 6 is a L24-E (fuel injected) or L24-DE (yes a deisel). Only unti 1983 for that motor, the rest of them ,up to 95 I think, were vg30E

·
Registered
241 Posts
Is this the same or similar engine as the 240Z, or is it a long stroke small bore version on the same block?? As for the deisel, is'nt this the crank to use for a stroker??

Dylan

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mystery Solved Mr. Watson

The engine you saw was a L24e, the fuel injected version of the L24 engine that came in the early 240z. This engine has dished pistons instead of flat top that came on the 240z, also it has unleaded valve seats. It does not have the provision for the mechanical fuel pump and also has round exhaust ports. I have seen a guy use a turbo from a L28 and install it on this engine with no mods. The N-47 head that's on this engine combustion chamber is smaller than the E-88. Any questions please email me. Zeers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.