ZCar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks... response to my questions as I build back my 82' 280ZXT from a complete teardown has been amazing... thank you all that take the time to share you knowledge and experience.

My latest quandary is a ground wire. The harness runs along the driver (left) side of the engine bay... it has the cable for the air flow meter, cable for the vacuum pump, and a grounding eyelet and bolt. One harness diagram indicates this as a "body ground". The wire for the ground is not very long, and for some odd reason it and the bolt are very rusty, unlike any other connector. See the pic. I am just not finding where, with it's very limited range from the AFM, this ground wire should be mounted... any pics would be greatly appreciated although it might be a real challenge given it is probably somewhere under the AFM?

Thanks again for all the help
Motor vehicle Vehicle Electrical wiring Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Registered
283 Posts
I think it goes to the bottom of the plate the AFM attaches to. That or to the backside of the body mount for the AFM

Edit: I think it’s the second one, to the mount. I think there’s also a ground strap from the AFM to the mount but on the inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the response. Unfortunately my engine bay doesn't have a bracket quite like that, so I am still wondering where it attaches. Some say under a bolt that mounts the AFM to the bracket, but this connection has its own bolt and all the bolts to mount the AFM are accounted for. And I am thinking it does need to connect somehow to the AFM to ground it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Sorry, mine is a 79 but it still should be set up similar.

I found a couple more pics. Mine definitely has a ground to the body piece and a strap from the meter to the bracket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts