ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 300zx turbo five speed has this problem that it is anoying me to ****. The car starts up fine with out any problems. Exactly a minute later the car just shuts off. Just as if someone has turn the key off. The computer said that the throttle positon sensor was bad and the Mass Airflow Sensor was bad I replaced them both and I also replaced the fuel pump. These did not fix the problem. Right before it turns off I here something like a relay that clicks then it turns itself off. Has anyone had a problem like this because I am just stumped and don't know what to do.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Makes me wonder if the TPS was adjusted properly when it was installed?

Try to "Zero out" your ECU by disconnecting the neg terminal of your battery for a minute or so. Reconnect and try again.

What do your ECU codes read?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The codes read the TPS and the air flow meter. Im leaning more towards the fact that the computer might be bad.

·
Registered
657 Posts
You said its like someone turned off the key......... are you saying that all power is cut?( like the guages and stuff)........ or just the engine dies? If this is the case then i would check the main relay located next to the battery inside the firewall....... I belive its the brown one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.