ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it starts like any other day when it used to run for miles... now it'll run for only 1 minute and then suddenly stops and i can still dirve it like that ...
what might be ?, I read the codes on ECU and they say timing ignition sensor and air mass flow sensor, changed the ignition timing sensor still the same !
would it be from AMF , it is hard for me to belive , maybe i just lost compresion ?
please help , what i should try first , if i don't find it I'll take it to the dealership and then it's going to be a big hole in my pocet

·
Registered
782 Posts
Its hard to say just a process of elimanation, I would start with the fuel filter then mabey a tune up from there.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Personally my AFM caused me grief 2 times in 5 years and I replaced it twice. Caused things like cut out @ 3K, stalled the car etc. It's really easy to replace just post a message on the board for a used one. If you come down to suspecting that.

Now, for air flow sensor readings I remember someonw on the group (possibly azbum) knew what good readings are with a holm meter. I'd luv to get those numbers again and save them off.

Hope this helps,
Scott

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys , any way i just gor my car tuned up a few hundreed miles ago , so that is out of question, the remaining question is what in the cand that be ?

·
Registered
782 Posts
If it dies like that everytime you might want to sit by the fuel tank while its running and before it shuts off see if your fuel pump stops running, mabey you have a problem with your fuel pump relay. Also check to see if your coil transistor is overheating, I had this problem before would shut my motor off like clock work. good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey , the thak and the fuel presure and the coil , all these are some things that i did not look into
the ignition coil is new, so I guess that would not be the problem so what is left is the fuel pump relay , who knows ..

thanks a lot, i will see what is with that relay
from what i know my car had some electrical problems and let's not forget is 20 yrs old!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.