ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulling away from a stoplight, passing everyone in sight, power dropped off completely, came back on for a second, dropped off again, up for a 1/2 second and then I just coasted off into a parking lot. Goat a flattbed to tow it home. BUMMER. Luckily I have a fuel pressure gauge in the engine compartment. It's reading 0 psi while I crank the engine, so I'm assuming Fusible link, Fuel pump or fuel pump relay. Anything else I should be considering? I'm at work right now and won't get to work on it till tonite.

Steve G

·
Registered
78 Posts
steve,
as a last resort, if the things you describe don't fix it, i had a similar problem on my 76, and it turned out to be the computer. i replaced everything but first, unfortunately. just a suggestion in case your fixes don't solve it.
andy

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>RE: My VR died today</b>

So can you hear the fuel pump at all? Also did you by chance check the fuse. Sometimes its the simple stuff that gets overlooked.
Good luck

·
Registered
66 Posts
My '77 did something similar but I had already replaced the fuel pump and fuses. Turned out to be the voltage regulator. Good luck, let me know when you can visit. :>)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<b>RE: My VR died today</b>

Gee Steve... the vision of your car on a carrier is not good.... but in my minds eye... your car is still shining... O'well... I may reget this... but is there any gas in the tank?

Good Luck...

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dennis... you little *******! :)

I deserve that rib, but in all seriousness, I thought maybe that was the problem at first, even though the gauge was reading 1/4 tank. Hey, maybe it wasn't calibrated, right? So I added 5 gallons right off the bat. That wasn't it.

THANKS DENNIS!

Steve

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<b>RE: Oh My Gosh they killed Kenny! You *******!<

One of many Datsuns I've owned was a 620 truck that ran out of gas when the needle got to the 1/4-full mark. I can't tell you the torture I went through -- both in unneeded "repairs" and pushing the **** thing to gas stations -- before I finally figured this out. Whenever a car dies out from under me now, it's the first thing I check.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.