ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyways i know ill catch **** from the bum and all you hardcore guys but i got a new car...stuck with nissan of course..there shouldnt be another choice lol.. after gas prices hit high i decided i needed something with balls but good gas consumption as well...after long deliberation with my padre, and bank account i found this ... its not bad.. 2.4l dohc , basically a 4 door 240sx .. and yes it would embaress the z..by car lenghts lol.. not a bad car for 2490 and id recommend it if anyone has to go conservative but still wants something that has go and isnt some total piece of ****.. oh ya and its the sport edition 5spd...so im not totally suffering from ***** sedan syndrome..all in all its an upgrade and im pretty happy

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
your Z must be a N/A then. :p

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Is that a sentra or altima? Sorry I can't tell from the pic since you didn't get any good profile shots of it. I'm guessing from the engine it's an altima. Anyway, I'm not entirly sure it's faster than the 300zx. I'll refrain from saying anything else until I find out exactly what car it is. Still, gald you got something you are happy with. Personaly I'd rather drive my 300zx than a 4 door 4 banger.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
It's a Sentra. It has a 155 hp FWD 2.4L KA24DE, car should weigh around 3500 pounds. They are honestly kinda slow, but he did get a good deal on it. Not really anything like a 240SX, minus the fact that they share the same motor (240sx = RWD, drift hotness; Sentra = FWD, grocery getter.)

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
17_6 wrote:
> anyways i know ill catch **** from the bum and all you hardcore
> guys but i got a new car...stuck with nissan of course..there
> shouldnt be another choice lol.. after gas prices hit high i
> decided i needed something with balls but good gas consumption
> as well...after long deliberation with my padre, and bank
> account i found this ... its not bad.. 2.4l dohc , basically a
> 4 door 240sx .. and yes it would embaress the z..by car lenghts

Umm..... No. A 240SX is a rear wheel drive car that handles well. That's a front wheel drive car that is okay. The only similarity it shares with the 240SX is the bare engine. It's like saying the Nissan Morano, Altima 3.5 Spec-V, Quest, etc are the same as a new 350Z with more doors.

If it handles better than your Z and is faster than your Z, then you really should figure out why your Z is only running on 5 cylinders and you might want to think about replacing the worn out (probably missing) rubber bushings.

BTW: I'm only giving you **** about your comments, especially since you asked for it. The car itself looks pretty nice.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok ladies...babbling random informationless **** is stupid... its a 1993 nissan altima with a ka24de from the 240sx ( i compare it to the 240sx because everyone knows of this) .. 155hp 160 tq, 2900ish lbs.... but im pretty sure by basic math that its faster than MY z.. youre smart zbum, i cant believe you wouldnt see that i run a 17.6 and know that a lighter nearly equal HP car would beat the z..i guess the quarter mile will have to prove it...oh...i found a 2 seater n/a z..had a dial in on the window of a 17.65...WTF no one knows how to drive zs i swear to god!! i was running a 17.62 and a 17.68 with my 2+2.. its red it was at flat irons...let me know if youre on here guy...beautiful car!!!

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Well here are the specs that I found for the 93 altima.

150hp at 5600rpm
154 torque at 4400rpm
curb weight is 2853lbs
0-60 in 8.2 secs
1/4 mile in 16.4 @ 84mph

So essentially it's got a slightly detunned version of the 240sx motor but does have a lower curb weight than a 300zx and especially lower than your 2+2. On the other hand it has about 20 foot pounds less torque and is FWD which sucks for racing. Regardless it's a drivers race between the two cars so I wouldn't start saying that this car is that much better than a 300zx. Maybe like ZBum said your particular Z is messed up or something becuase these two cars should run similar times at the track. Lastly I'll just let you know that this is the year altima that put Nissan under hard review for safety standards. The air bags in the 93-95 altima are designed in such a way that they cause blindness or other facial problems when deployed. There were tons of news reports on this a few years back. If I were you I would check to see if there was ever a recall done about this, if not I would get rid of that car right away. I'm sure you won't listen to me but do your own searches on this and you'll see what I'm talking about. Honestly you should have just got a 300zx turbo. You still would be getting high 20's for gas mileage while still having a stylish car, not to mention something that would actually be fast. At the very least you should have got a 93-95 sentra SE-R or the mid to late 90's 200sx SE-R. You obviously didn't do your homework before doing this.

·
Registered
297 Posts
that actually made me laugh...

let me list only a few things in your car that are worse than a Z31:

suspension (this especially)
brakes (disc>drum)
sound (engine and car audio)
exterior styling (where's your t-tops?)
interior styling

i'm sorry, but your altima just doesn't measure up. a z car is a sports coupe. you have an economy coupe. that's the difference right there.

/bragging rights

edit: i do like your fog lights though. those look ill

Post Edited (Sep 6, 9:48am)

·
Registered
297 Posts
that's true, Stu. slap on a boost controller and kiss those NA fourbangers goodbye.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
once again ..blake zx..do research before responding...my car comes with upgraded suspension ..a multilink setup for the rear and i HAVE NO REAR DRUMS...the front rotors are larger than my zxs!!! the interior sound is a **** of alot better than an 88 sports car...there shouldnt even be a thought about that..the interior styling, ok ill give you that, exterior styling? once again i have the SE model which is way nicer than the GXE and base models... and blake STU said vg30..not turbo...i've found way more parts for the altima than i ever did for the Z...i guess ill just have to let you guys know how it turns out :) p.s. where the **** did all the smart guys go for this **** forum

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wait haha..i didnt even see this before... i have a coupe blake?...i really hate knockin on people but you really do need to RESEARCH before posting your reply..you sound like an idiot

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
17_6 wrote:

> but im pretty sure by basic math
> that its faster than MY z.. youre smart zbum, i cant believe
> you wouldnt see that i run a 17.6 and know that a lighter
> nearly equal HP car would beat the z..i guess the quarter mile
> will have to prove it...oh...i found a 2 seater n/a z..had a
> dial in on the window of a 17.65...WTF no one knows how to
> drive zs i swear to god!! i was running a 17.62 and a 17.68
> with my 2+2..

I guess not. My best time I recorded in my NA 5 speed is 16.525 @ 82.83

Not bad considering the car had well over 200,000 miles on it when I did this.

Now my automatic convertible recorded a mid 17 second quarter mile the only time I ran it. I'll have to dig out the timeslip to get the full details. And the convertible is probably the heaviest Z31 around. There is a lot of extra metal underneath to help reinforce the body.

And you realize the KA24 was used in:
Nissan Hardbody (truck)
Stanza
240SX
Altima
XTerra

To say the Altima is a 240SX with 4 doors is just stupid and wrong.
FWD vs. RWD
4 doors vs. 2 doors.

Congrats on the purchase. But you're still making stupid posts with little to no sense.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
true true..in reality its a 4 door stanza..once again..i was relating it to something everyone knew..since it seems noone knows what an altima actually is :)
those times arent terrible..you gotta remember im over a milehigh with my 17.6 run :)..i had 185k on the odometer at this run

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
why is it that EVERY post under your name, 17_6, always a stupid conversation that is totally worthless?? do you plan it or you're just a natural at this??? amazing!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
if you think it hurts my feelings that you call me out on information about a car i've never owned or even ridden in, let alone pop the hood or look at the suspension, then by all means try and make me feel bad. it's funny.

son, the facts are:

a. you came into the WRONG FORUM to post about a car nobody could care less about, and didn't even bother to name the car posted.

b. you then proceed to make unsubstantiated claims about the performance of said car. you even compare it to the 240sx, which is a RIOT, trust me.

c. you post embarrassingly unprofessional pictures that show nothing as to the actual exterior of the car. i read "sport edition 5-speed" as coupe, as at this point you hadn't identified the car at all. upon inspection of your *gorgeous* rear-end shot you can actually tell it's not a sentra, but that is only if you care enough to look.

d. you then flame _ME_ for pointing out lacking areas of your car that i could have easily looked up on google, but didn't care enough to. your upgrade suspension doesn't change the fact that i will flat out _destroy_ you on a course. I assumed you had rear drums, as almost all of the FWD economy imports seem to have them. Well boo-hoo, I was wrong. Hardly makes me an idot, if you ask me.

e. you claim your SE model's exterior is "way nicer" than the cheaper alternatives. the fact is, you're paying more money for some puny ground effects that nobody would have even noticed had you not mentioned them.

f. i highly doubt your audio sounds better than the audio in a Z31. if that's what you think, maybe replace your speakers in your Z with something decent. With some Pioneers in front and back, it sounds amazingly clear and well-ranged in my car. And the sound of a fine-tuned V6 is music to any auto enthusiast's ears.

g. you claim : "and blake STU said vg30..not turbo...i've found way more parts for the altima than i ever did for the Z..." Stu85na : "The z31's came with the turbo setup stock." i would have thought for all the scrutiny you put on my post you could at least read what Stu had to say. The reason you find more parts is because the car is newer and recently manufactured, thats just common sense. you still won't see any real horsepower for the crappy APC parts you can put on your altima.

the bottom line : your car isn't a Z31, or even a sports car for that matter. Put your useless ramblings into Car Talk next time. Or just go over to nissanforums.com. They'd be happy to have another young kid who's just been spoiled with a car he didn't even pay for.

if you want to spend all day arguing about a so-so car for no good reason, find a suitable audience. get the **** out of this forum.

Post Edited (Sep 6, 2:26pm)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it must be hard for you to admit youre wrong at times.. you must forget i have a z as well, its not like i dont know about them ive done tons of work on mine. i know how they handle, brake, accelerate...and the altima, so far, has only been short in comparison to the z as handling goes... as for the parents paying for my cars comment...i work my ass off for what i own, in no way does either of my cars have anything to do with parents..except for cosign on insurance...even then i pay for both cars, another scenario in which you dont know about and shouldnt talk **** :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.