ZCar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a l28et and i just dopped in my 280z and i put all the parts back together and wont start i have new fuel pump, new fuel injectors, new wiring harness, new ecu, new starter, new battery, new spark plugs&wires, and i know it produce gas inside the engine i can hear the injectors clicking and spraying inside..even though i spray starting fluid still wont start and when i put too much it backfires please help me i don't know how make it run.. i checked my compression is all them above 90psi i think that's good but my car won't start :( anyone can help me please :confused:

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
ignition timing? anyone mess with the oil pump? here is what happened to me when my turbo wouldn't start and I kept cranking it.

When trying to start without success you can easily inject enough unburned fuel to effectively flood the engine (using old carburetor terminology). this then prevents you from starting the engine normally. If you have checked everything and still no luck try this. disconnect a wire from the fuel pump so it won't pump (on a z31 pull the fuse). you need a fully charged good battery for this. hold the gas pedal to the floor and give it a long crank. you may or may not get a few pops. Do it again. it may run for a few seconds. do it again. When you no longer get any action reactivate the fuel pump and try a normal start.

or you forgot to hook up a wire somewhere

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
ignition timing? anyone mess with the oil pump? here is what happened to me when my turbo wouldn't start and I kept cranking it.

When trying to start without success you can easily inject enough unburned fuel to effectively flood the engine (using old carburetor terminology). this then prevents you from starting the engine normally. If you have checked everything and still no luck try this. disconnect a wire from the fuel pump so it won't pump (on a z31 pull the fuse). you need a fully charged good battery for this. hold the gas pedal to the floor and give it a long crank. you may or may not get a few pops. Do it again. it may run for a few seconds. do it again. When you no longer get any action reactivate the fuel pump and try a normal start.

or you forgot to hook up a wire somewhere
i bought that engine without oil pump drive shaft and i put my stock one and before i put the oil pump shaft i rotate the crankshaft to put the first piston up and put the oil pump shaft. can you please help me how to fix that..
i already checked all the wires and hooked up properly

can you tell me how to put correctly the oil pump drive shaft

i messed up the ignition timing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts