ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend is always going on about killing my 81 280ZXT he has a XJS its a 12 banger engine its fast but has "NO" low end speed 0-60 is really really slow but once it hits 60 it takes off he thinks all jap cars are **** "one of them guys" he says no matter what I do to my car it would still kill it
he even thinks that his olds wagen would kill my car and says he know it would if he put a 3.9 in it..... I never get the chance to race his Jag but would love to kill it
maybe one day he will have it out and I will meet him at a light

if all else fails how much is a shot of NOS? haha
that would be fun make him eat his words

P.S it has a new turbo maybe 3K on it and also my friend with the 5.0 says its faster then his and man can that car take turns=)

Jeff 280ZXT "the slow one" as he says

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: Stick Around....

Hes a great guy but just needs to understand that japan does have some fast ass cars for the size of the engine 2.8 VS 5.0 hmmmm

Jeff 280ZXT

·
Registered
88 Posts
RE: Stick Around....

You think the 5.0 can take turns!? The Z is much better on twisties. If you definitely want to beat them, like you want to and can, then just do some inexpensive modifications to increase boost. Cap off the pop-off valve, get a manual adjustable variable boost control knob and OH I forgot the rest of them.... Oh well, go to archives and search for other great mods that don't cost an arm & a leg.

Later,
LuZZifer
'83 turbo project
'87 turbo

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Feel, do not think, Let the Force guide you..</

Dude, Jags can run, but they convert them to 5.0's for a reason, no bottom end. You CAN lay down the law on this guy. If he wants to play in the 1/4s you can KILL him, you will jump way ahead of him wile his lead sled picks up speed. If he wants to play in the corners you will make him look like Sebulba. The ONLY place that Jag can catch you is from 70-130. You can fix that with some little mods. That turbo does not feel like much but don't underestimate it. If you do the small things first, I/C, POV, BOV, and bump the boost, you will have a wicked fast Podcar, I mean Z Car.

John Cooney
'77 280ZTR
www.realclear.net/~jcooney

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I feel the force should I drive with eyes closed?

it was a good feeling when my other friend with the 5.0 said it was fast=)

the friend with the jag has so far had it up to 150 and hes friend also with a XJS had it up to 180,,, ****
just think what a 12 banger would be like with quad turbos

Jeff 280ZXT

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: I feel the force should I drive with eyes clos

The only time you would be able to race a jag is if he was on his way to, or on his way back from the shop!

just my 2 cents worth

Joe

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: 180 mph is bull.

They won't do that. I spent a week in an XJS and the only thing it was good for was making girls talk to you. I had it up to 140 and it was still pulling, but unless modified with engine and aerodynamics, it won't do 180. That car was a dog! 12 cylinders never felt so lame. It was tuned so that anybody with or without skill could drive it. I spent time in a Mercedes 500 SEL convertible and it felt the same way. Floor the SEL and it felt like it was giving you time to decide if you really meant to do that. After that, at least it went like ****. The Jag waits until you find a hiway. It had the power to leave the everyday car, but not higher performance cars. Boy, talk about a piece of crap! Every month my brother-in-laws car needed to go in for repair. Always cost about 400 or more to fix what ever messed up. The Jag is so detuned it won't generate any thrill of acceleration. It revs like a rotary, forever! Smooth like a rotary. It was a blast to drive to see how peolpe reacted to you though, but that is about it. Now if you had one of those engines in a Z?! BTW, they convert Jags to american V8s when the engines go bad due to expense, not to get torque in the low end. The 350 is a practically a bolt up.Low end torque can be gotten from the engine it has.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: 180 mph is bull.</b>

Jaguars are nice to look at but not nice to own.The lucas wiring is about as bad as that new George Lucas movie.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: Jag to GM (and the movie)

The Jag to Chevy V8 IS a direct bolt up... Jag uses GM transmissions. My brother in law has a converted XJ6.
And the movie rocked, anyone who says it sucked has to have serious emotional problems or a lack of imagination.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.