ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 1972 240 from my neighbor. The car is from California and has been sitting inside of a barn for the past 13 years. The body is in great shape with just some surface rust here and there. The engine started with no problems after I changed the oil, plugs and put in a new battery. The carbs leak, but thats not a big deal. My biggest problem is the interior and the drivers floor. The drivers window was open all this time so the car has had its share of furry visitors and they did a number on almost everything but the dash and wires. The drivers floor has several holes in it that could probably be patched, but I would rather just replace that board. Where can I find replacement floor boards and interior parts? My biggest concern right now is the floor and getting that repaired. I have found some sites with a few interior things but not the floor panels. I am totally new to these cars, so I don't know the good sites and the bad sites. Any help please? Thanks.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Congrats and good luck

I haven't needed and sheet metal, but believe Victoria British carries that sort of thing. Check Banter and Chat, I just posted several links for non-sheet metal stuff that were good for me. Go to the end to avoid a long posting to get to the links right away if you like.

And again, congratulations on a great find! I believe you will love it when you get it togther!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Victoria British and MotorSports Auto are the two mags that i have; both have a nice selection from cams to smoked headlight covers. You can order the MSA catalog at their site, which i think is motorsportsauto.com. I got my victoria british catalog with the car so i don't know, but their site should be easy enough to find.
Both, as i have gathered, are good, reputable dealers in Z car parts!

congrats!

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
MSA(zcarparts.com) sells replacement floor pans and vic-brit probably does too. Your best bet for interior whould be to find a cheap parts car with a decent interior. Buying parts one by one will cost you ALOT more in the long run.

Justin T

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.