ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 1970 to get painted 5 weeks ago. When I took it it was running perfect now it is missing coughing etc.Pulled plugs and 5 plug black and wet with gas.
Others same but not as bad.Put in new plugs,ran perfect for 2 min.than the same.
I am going to replace plug wires and coil to try to get hotter burn,any thing else it could be?I read what to do to the above 1978 but I don't know if I have the same equipment on my car. Please help!!!

· Registered
3,319 Posts
Might want to replace the air filter and clean out the carbs with some carb cleaner. If they ran it in the shop with all that paint and body work dust......well some things may have gotten clogged up. Might need to remove the fuel bowls and make sure the floats are free and set correctly.

· Registered
961 Posts
John has a good point...too me it sounds like your getting to much gas... try to clean up your carb pistons and check the float level and the mixture...also check your oil level in the SU's..
Then of course I would also re-check your timing.....I dont know what plugs you are using but if I remember right I think I have read some posts from people who used other plugs and had similair probs....may have splitfires or something...
I personally like the NGK plugs and wires and have had no problems with them in the 2 years I've used them...

Z ya later
Mike K

Good luck...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.