Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MSA VB Nisson or some where else
I have a 81 Turbo should I use the stock cam or
go with one that says to give you 10% more HP?
right now nothing that has raced me can hang so do I need the horses? I guess thats up to me....

what place and what do you guys think is a good one
any help would be great........ **** car

P.S if another big problem happens like this soon Im really thinking about putting it up for sale and looking for a Iroc-Z or a 5.0 thats how pissed this car is making me ]

she only has 103K on it!

$1000 for the car $1000+ for the repairs but she does pull when you give it gas=)

Jeff 81ZXT

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: My Cam has to be replaced where should I buy o

I have a cam that i bought for my 83ZXT that is the next up from stock. If u are intreseted it is for sale. E-mail me and make an offer. i will not go less then 150 though. My e-mail is [email protected]

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

hmmm I have a 81 and I know some parts on the engine is not the same but I think the valve train is

where are you from? Im in Maryland I think that Im going to go with the stock one but if theres anything really good about getting the next one up let me know and I will think about it

·
Registered
107,695 Posts

The valve train on the 79-83 non turbos and turbos are the same according to the Z store. I was told that this cam was supposed to help with better gas milage and emissions. I don't know if this is true or not though. The cam is from Comp. Cams. If u want to know the specs i can give them to u. I have all the sheets with the specs of the cam on them. I am in Arlington so there would be a shipping charge but it shouldn't be much. Let me know what u decide.

Adam

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

If so then I would think it would take away from power
I would like to stick with the stock one but some where I saw a thing for a 10% hP gain hmm now that would be good

·
Registered
715 Posts
do yourself a favor!!

Replace your springs, lashpads, replace or resurface your rocker arms too. I didnt do this and trashed my cam after 600 miles! Call Motorsport and they will point you in the right direction for a turbo cam.

Evan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.