ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been about 3 years since I called about JCR's supercharger kit. At the time, the salesman quoted me a price of $4500.00. I thought that to be a bit steep. However, if the current price is closer to $2000.00, then it is a great deal. The only problem I forsee is the Holley Projunktion. I tried to no avail to get one of these aweful FI systems to work on a friend's SB Chevy powered Porche 914. We finally put a Quadrajunk on it and it's now uncontrollable. Does low 11's in the quarter smoking the tires all the way. Cool!

I think that if I were to install on of JCR's blower kits on a Z motor, I would use a tried and true Holley 390cfm carb. I'd have to have an adaptor to make it sit horizontal though. I'm sure it would make great hp and would be awesome for autocrossing. Not sure what class it would be legal in, though. Anyway, any other thoughts on the Holley Projection???

Ian

· Registered
379 Posts
. Anyway, any other
> thoughts on the Holley Projection???

> Ian

I installed one on my 82 ElCamino. When it was cold out, it wouldn't start. Checked everything twice. It turned out, the ECU was the problem, I exchanged it, and it ran great after that. Pickup and mileage were fantastic!
Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.