ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yoday my 78 just passed the 180,000 mile mark. And immediatly started freaking out... Nothing major but i have a feeling that a breakdown isn't to far away. So far i've only done a exauhst job but i plan to do some more performance mods. How many miles can i expect out of an L28 and how much should i expect to pay for a rebuild. As long as im working on the engin im considering doing a zx turbo swap. What times in the 1/4 will i get out of a turbo in stock form. Also is there any way i can get imported engins or rebuilt engins cheap?

I know my questions vague but im just trying to figure out where to go next...

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't know where your at, but there is a guy in Dallas,Tx that I found that has Z motors relatively cheap. To get a full rebuild, I had quotes of up $2000.

This guy has a rebuilt, or low mileage motor, with the Turbo for around $500. Almost sounds too good to be true, but he will even warranty some of his stuff too.

If you need the number, I will look it up. Let me know.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ask around and check prices. I have been quoted prices between 1,000 and 2,500 for the same work. I'm having mine done for around 1,400 for a stock bottom end with a ported & polished head. My 78 has 318,000 mi. and was running pretty good until I burned a valve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.