ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 Zs, and I need to get rid of my 86 Turbo for a couple of reasons. 1) I own 2 now. 2) I live in SF so I hardly drive. 3) to expensive to insure 2 Zs. 3) I need the money.
its not in perfect shape, in fact it will never win any shows, but its been faithful to me for the last 3 years and Ive put ALOT of money into it, but no major mods as this was my daily driver for a long time. I can list everything I know thats wrong with it (nothing serious) and everything Ive put into it. Im just asking for a few thousand ( I owe my mom money and I need to get her 2 grand asap). Id suggest this to someone with a mechanical apptitute as a car to get you around so you dont have to drive your other, nicer car every day. Ill list details below.
- black
-128,000 miles
-Digital dash and computer controlled climate system
-leather, power seat (actually...this car was pretty much loaded when it was new)
-Oil changed every 3000 miles with synthetic oil and nissan oil filters
-all tune up items done recently (new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, belts, PCV valve, etc etc)
-new timing belt, waterpump, alternator, radiator, Hood struts, etc
-new rear calipers and new brake pads all around
-Alpine CD deck, viper alarm with keyless entry
-new CHTS and 02 sensor.
-Autometer boost guage and A/F, and oil pressure guage (not hooked up)
- it has a HKS exhaust on it but I WILL be taking that off for my SS. sorry.
-Passed cali smog last year fine.

so as you can see Ive loved this car but its time for it to go so I can concentrate on my SS (as in keeping it nice, not modding it). All "new" items means within the last 2 or 3 years.

known Problems:
- radio antenna doesnt go up.
- electronic suspension no longer works (they fail a lot anyway)
- slight miss at idle (and it sometimes finicky when really cold out but its never died on me. Im pretty sure its a sensor problem as I didnt change the CHTS subharness when I changed the sensor itself, or maybe a vacuum tube)
-Id like to point out I have ALL records of everthing Ive done to this car
since Ive owned it, including all fluid changes, which Ill be happy to give to the next owner.
- it was in a accident before I owned the car so the drivers side fender, door, and the pass rear quarter panel are slightly lighter color from the rest of the car.
- few tiny rust spots, nothing serious.
-valve cover gasket leaks.
- 2nd gear in manual tranny grinds if you act like mario andretti

kbb.com value for a 1986 300ZX Turbo in poor/fair condition (Id say this car is in fair condition considering) is about 1600 dollars. I could be happy with that. car is located in the east bay, which is about 15 minutes from San Francisco

Post Edited (Mar 25, 11:42am)

·
Registered
104 Posts
i would like to buy it but i dont have the cash on hand, but good deal out there for anyone that did want it, i would kill for another good running z my timing belt just slipped at idle and broke valves

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.