ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced thier mustache bar bushings? Is it as easy as it looks? It looks like you just disconnect it from the back of the diff and from the chassi and it comes right out, i dont know though. Is it that simple? I know there's not much difference but it is a 76 280.

thanks

Mike B.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I replaced the ones on my '74 260Z. I didn't have to drop anything down. I just removed the bolt and old bushings, replaced with new, slid the bolt back in and cranked it down. Took about 20 minutes which included putting it up on stands for easy access. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
??????

> I replaced the ones on my '74 260Z. I didn't
> have to drop anything down. I just removed
> the bolt and old bushings, replaced with
> new, slid the bolt back in and cranked it
> down.
The 260 must be different from the 240, or you already had replacement bushings in there that you replaced. The original bushings, at least on the 240, are molded into the mustache bar. I used a large drill bit and drilled several holes through the rubber, then needle nose pliers to pull the bulk of the rubber out. Then a butane torch to burn the rest of it out. Also, dont remove the metal sleeve. I did the first time, as you need to remove the sleeves on every other bushing when replacing with urethane. Just not on the mustache bar.

FWIW, Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.