ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Got a couple questions.
I want to change the exhaust and need some opinions. What kind of muffler should I go with. Is Motorsports Turbo muffler kit good? How about Flowmaster? I want a nice deep sound. Definitely dont want that crappy coffee can muffler sound like what's on Hondas.
Second question is gas mileage. I just got the car back from the dealership to get it tuned up. It was in a fender bender in July and I couldnt get it running myself. After tweaking with it for hours on end it would run for a little while then foul the plugs and die. It's running pretty good right now, but still kinda stinks bad and it's getting pretty crappy mileage. I filled it up drove to a couple places around town and now its at a 1/4 tank. I'm going to check the air filter, tire psi, and a couple other things, but what else could I check?
Thanks for any help and sorry this is so long.
Morgan

· Registered
1,779 Posts
You just got your car back from the dealer and it doesn't run right???...I would take it back fast & make them fix it!!!...or do they understand how???...I too took my car the local dealer (ONCE!!) and after they screwed it up I found a local shop that specializes in my year...no problem now...sorry, don't know about the mufflers...Good Luck!!!... :eek:)

· Registered
3,319 Posts
It would help if you stated what year/model car you have. Anyway do a search on rich running and you will find lots of info particularly if this is an f/i equipped car. Air pressure and filter MIGHT make a SLIGHT difference but if the exhaust is noticeably stinky and mileage is as bad as you say it is, you have some other fairly severe problems. MOST dealers don't know how to work on these anymore. If they can't plug it into an analyzer and get OBD-II codes a lot of techs don't know how to troubleshoot the problem. You are looking for fuel pressure problems or dirty connections to coolant temp sensor most likely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.