Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people,
I am trying to buy a MSD igntion and the two places in the city I have been to that sell MSD want 150 just for the box and 50 for the tach adapter and 50 for the blaster 2 coil. IT is eating a hole in my wallet jsut thinking about that much cash being blown on my ignition. What is the correct price for these parts?? Does anyone on the net Sell MSD parts?? i got quoted 15 for the pertronix magnetic pickup does that sound right??

Please help me!!

Dustin Morris

·
Registered
403 Posts
> Hello people,
> I am trying to buy a MSD igntion and the two
> places in the city I have been to that sell
> MSD want 150 just for the box and 50 for the
> tach adapter and 50 for the blaster 2 coil.
> IT is eating a hole in my wallet jsut
> thinking about that much cash being blown on
> my ignition. What is the correct price for
> these parts?? Does anyone on the net Sell
> MSD parts?? i got quoted 15 for the
> pertronix magnetic pickup does that sound
> right??

> Please help me!!

> Dustin Morris
Someone's got some high markup on all that stuff
I paid 120 or 130 for a 6A, 30 for a blaster2 and have been quoted 30 or so for the tach adapter at Lopers performance in the Phoenix area.
Don't know where you're at, but you should be able to order it at a similar price from summit or PAW and what you'll pay in shipping will be returned by not paying tax. Try summit racing at www.summitracing.com. I don't have PAW's web address nor do I know if they even have a website. As for the pertronix, I don't know but 15 bucks isn't that much money so it's probably a pretty good deal. (Assuming it's the whole kit) I was under the impression that the pertronix was more than that, that may be just what you said, the pickup and nothing else but that's only speculation.

As for the guys selling the MSD stuff for so much, I'd tell em to take their exaggerated markups and stick them up their A##es. All that they're doing is taking advantage of their customers.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> Hello people,
> I am trying to buy a MSD igntion and the two
> places in the city I have been to that sell
> MSD want 150 just for the box and 50 for the
> tach adapter and 50 for the blaster 2 coil.
> IT is eating a hole in my wallet jsut
> thinking about that much cash being blown on
> my ignition. What is the correct price for
> these parts?? Does anyone on the net Sell
> MSD parts?? i got quoted 15 for the
> pertronix magnetic pickup does that sound
> right??

I paid $130 for MSD, $40 for coil, and $30 for the points tach adapter.

The magnetic pickup adapter is $50 but I don't know what year your car is and if you'd need that one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.