ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: I waited 6 months

So why do we wait to do business with people who obviously don't need it. I'll stick with Victoria British (at least they think enough of you to send their latest catalog...)

· Registered
4,034 Posts
MSA customer servise is great???

I didn't get real good service. They treated me like i don't know what I'm talking about. may be I just talk to a wrong guy

· Registered
177 Posts
Re: MSA customer servise is great???

I waited about 9-10 months for my catalog...
i requested.. and rerequested one.. and finally... after months of waiting.. i got it..
it's got a pretty good selection of parts... but when used in conjunction with VB.. JCR...and Paeco ... you can find just about anything you'd even think to find.

And so far... my experience with MSA.. customer service has been fine... they dont cop an attitude when i ask stoopid questions... and only once have i even had to wait more than ten seconds from the time i dialed the number to the time i talked to someone...

I've never ordered anything from them, though i plan to in the future... and with my local Z club... i get 10% off my order...

So, i'm not gonna complain too much about the wait for the catalog...

by the way... they dont mail them one at a time as the requests come in.. unless you pay the, i think, $5 charge. They let all the requests pile up for a month.. then send them out in bulk.

-Justin

· Registered
433 Posts
Re: MSA customer servise is great???

why are you argueing about a parts book, its not that of a big deal I like them both and if any one wants a book I'll sell them my extra MSA one.

tbs

· Registered
303 Posts
Re: How to get a Catalog

Don't call MSA and request a catalog. Think of something that doesn't cost much, like maybe a key chain, shift knob, or fender cover and call and place your order and tell them you need a catalog. You wll receive your order and new catalog in less then a week.

Later,

Mike

· Registered
5,716 Posts
Other ideas

I've bought half a dozen different items from MSA and have always been impressed with their service, selection and price (well, it's cheaper than VicBrit, anyway). However, I've always bought directly from the store in Orange, CA. It's a 3-4 hour drive, but worth it to me to get the right item the first time. However, on the rare occasion the part is back-ordered, they have shipped it to me no charge (wasn't a big part, I admit) and it arrived fine about a week later.

I have also attended the Z Car West Coast Nationals, put on by MSA, for the last two years, and it's great. On Sunday, they close off the street in front of the store and get about 300 Z cars in there for people to admire. The store also does big biz that weekend, too, and if you get there on Saturday (there's a rally held elsewhere then), they have bargains galore on discontinued and/or slightly damaged stuff. There's still some left on Sunday, but you have to get there early. I guess what I'm getting at is that I usually "make a list" of all the stuff you want to buy, then hit the show and buy it all in one big road trip. It's a pretty fun weekend. Of course, if you're east of the Rockies, this might not be manageable.

By the way, at both the show and normal business hours, you practically stumble over all the catalogs in the store. Last time, they told me they're putting a new one together, so that might account for delays in catalog requests. I've also noted that, just like any other business, some MSA guys (like Sal) are very helpful and knowledgable, and some aren't.

· Registered
5,596 Posts
Re: How to get a Catalog

Mine is over two years old and it took awhile to get here... I have had very good luck with MSA when they have the parts that I want... Plus all my parts are OE Nissan parts in the box, not made in China... and I get a 10% discount also...

Once a week go to the website a request another one... You will be glad when you need the parts. Most prices are still the same most of the time...

Z U V8ter

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.