ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you not just mill some of the length off of the end of the flange so that it is shorter? I thought you had said that ZDAD took off 3/8" to make his work. Also, what is the exact size of the companion flange bolt? I did not have a socket to fit it, so I will return tomorrow to get it. I think it is 25mm or so. Let me know if you could. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
240z turbo wrote:
-------------------------------
Can you not just mill some of the length off of the end of the flange so that it is shorter? I thought you had said that ZDAD took off 3/8" to make his work. Also, what is the exact size of the companion flange bolt? I did not have a socket to fit it, so I will return tomorrow to get it. I think it is 25mm or so. Let me know if you could. Thanks.

It's bigger, more like 27 or 28. I used a 1 1/8 or a 1 1/16 socket with no problems. I'll post the actual size in the morning when I go back to the shop. You'll need a good impact wrench to get it off. Either that or a good bar to hold the hub still while you try to break the nut free. I drilled a length of angle iron to match a nissan bolt pattern to take with me into the yards to hold the hub while I use a long pipe and breaker bar to get the nut free.I know the 300z shafts use a 30mm socket. Had to go buy one of those in my "research". The "short" 300z flange I was trying to use today is actually longer on the inside, if that makes sense. I'm back to custom shafts again. For what it's worth the distance from diff to flange on the drivers side is about 3/4 inch less than the passenger side. Finally got to see the correct shafts to use in a viscous limited slip today as well. At least I'm learning something.
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
529 Posts
Viscous Coupling; Greg

Greg,
I have a viscous coupling diff from a 300ZXT SS. I do not, however, have the axle shafts for it. I would either like to obtain the cv axles or sell the diff. If you know of any cv axles for the vc diff, I would appreciate the tip. Also, if you know anyone interested in my viscous coupling, I would sell it for $250. It is a 3.7:1 ratio.

Call me at (559) 346-4480.

Thanks,

Ian

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
jim, they are 27MM for the 240 and 280, 30mm for the 300z. Let me know what happens when you try to put them in.
greg
71 240z

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.