ZCar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a front bumper getting painted and I am about to mount it to my car. OEM JDM TT 90-96. Currently I have some mismatching spots. The fender to bumper gap is not even. I suspect that I just need to tweak with the metal mounting brackets till the gap is right. The nose panel, hood and bumper is also pushed in very so slightly. There are rub marks on the nose from the hood. Is there a way to "adjust" this.

ANyone have tips for fitting the front bumper. I have removed and installed one before, but it has been a while and the results were not great.

for reference
http://www.twinturbo.net/ttnetfaq/FAQpages/faciaremoval.html

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
If it were me, I would start with looking at the "collision absorber" bumper mounts that compress with the old 5mph bumper contact concept, in the .pdf pic attached. Mine measure 3.10" from between the two bolts of the front black bracket to the flat sheet metal mounted to the front end of the drivers side frame. If yours measures different I will double check mine.

There are also some bolts (3) showing in a bracket in that pic under the middle removeable nose panel that may give you some wiggle room on the panel, along with bolts in the bracket that are right above it that you can see with the nose off.

Follow the silver rail to the outside corner area of the bumper and there are bolts out there: one rusty looking one tucked up in the viewing wedge behind the wires and the orange of the inside of the bumper. I think the other bolt right "above" it in the picture is involved, too. [There are two bolts related to the bumper in that area.]

Never mind the yellow jacket nest in the first pic.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts