ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Motorsports still hasn't delivered!

403 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  dennis 
#1 ·
Passed the six week mark and still no part! They suck! Ordered the part and it came 4 weeks later without the mounting flange. It was over two weeks ago that I was told the part was on the way, but obviously not. I will probably never order from those guys again. The kind of stuff I buy can come from other sources. And if not I will buy used. I have no patience for incompetence.

#2 ·
RE: Add two weeks to that overall time.

I actually was told by Joseph that he would call me back about getting the pop-off valve in my desired psi range and he didn't call back. I called him back almost two weeks later and he had forgotten. Then today they were supposed to call me and didn't. Did not answer my e-mail either. This was definately not a one time occurrance.

#4 ·
<b>RE: Motorsports still hasn't delivered!</b>

I ordered a pile of things for my new motor. Turbo pump, bolts, etc etc.. and one cam.
I told them not to send anything till the whole order was ready. Well 3 MONTHS later I called and they told me it was on the way. The cam was the problem. Well 3 months and 5 weeks after the initial order I finally got my parts. This delay ruined my 96 season and the car was not ready till Nov, where it went straight to storage.
JME (Just My Experience)
ZR8ED.

#5 ·
I'm not surprised...

They are good when they have parts in stock. But, that seems to be quite rare, as they only seem to stock 1 or 2 of each item, and run out quite often. I've ordered several parts from them, and received some within 1-5 days, and others took weeks. I think the above reason is why.

Good thing they own their own business, I don't think they could get jobs as MRP's (Materials Research Planner), since they seem to order stuff only when it's gone. Definitely a Mickey Mouse way of keeping control of your inventory.

Just my .02
Dave

#6 ·
im shocked!!!

i've never seemed to have problems with m/s's delivery just thier prices. even when the part isnt in stock, they still deliver it to me in less than the stated time. usually i get my parts in a matter of days. hmmmm... maybe its because im in california.

however, NOPI takes years to deliver thier parts >=[ makes me wonder if the low prices are worth it =P

same with v/b, in fact if i order from v/b and m/s on the same day, the v/b order usually gets here a day before the m/s order. =\ hmmmm maybe im one of the lucky ones =P

#7 ·
RE: im shocked!!!

Opie,
I haven't had any problems with MSA. I guess I just ask the important question "is it in stock?" if it isn't I shop for that part somewere else (I'm not the patient sort). If you paid with a credit card just cancel the order and look elsewere. I think we really don't need to boycott one of the best sources of Z-car parts around. They may not be the best as far as customer service goes (I've had mixed results in that arena), but sometimes they have what you want, period.
Maybe we could organize an e-mail type campaign to let them know about our gripes.

Hey at least they are better than Arizona Z cars.

Russel 83ZXT

P.S. Sorry you've had to wait for your parts.

#8 ·
Let's get them on the forum....

I think we should invite them onto the forum. I feel its awhole lot fairer to talk to them face to face (post to post) on here. That way the work can know.

If it was me, I would talk directly to Greg or Ken. I've had problems with Joseph before. Not a big problem... but he didn't give me the help I wanted.

It's important to keep a cool head... otherwise... the situation gets out of control very quickly. Then its lose lose for all involved.

Who would like to invite them?

Cheers,
Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.