ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with Motorsports Auto and they DO have fiberglass 240 bumpers for $125 apiece. They don't have this part listed in their catalog so that's why few of us know of this option (pretty stupid if you ask me). Shipping for the bumpers is another $24 per bumper (from CA to East coast), so the total price to get front and back bumpers shipped to the east is $300.00.

Arizona has them for $90 per, not including shipping with a supposed $1,000 minimum order.

Hmmmmmmmm. After organizing a group purchase from Arizona, having them shipped to one location and then re-shipped to each individual, it's likely to approach the cost of the Motorsports bumpers and take more time and logistics. I've also been told that the quality of the Arizona parts is in question, although this report does not come from someone with a bumper from Arizona, just that they heard this. Anyway, I'm thinking it would just be easier to order from Motorsports Auto individually.

The Motorsports guy also said he thinks that the fiberglass bumper will bolt right onto the stock 1977 280 mounts. Cool!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>Yuichi, told me this last Sunday....</b>

Alex....

I thought everyone knew this.... Yuichi told me this last Sunday.

Cheers,
Dennis

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Hmm, I didn't know that.

Alex,

Thanks for the info. I have been trying to find some reasonable bumbers for my 280. Just something to keep the local law enforcement officials uninterested. Since I don't have the bumber struts/mounts, I guess I'll have to fabricate. Or...I could use the Yuichi methood. Anybody want to donate bumber mounts for a '78 280?

Rod

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<b>Hey Rod....</b>

Hi Rod,

As you know from checking your mail... that I haven't sent the parts.... do you still want them?

Let me know.

Dennis

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where do they get theirs?

Does anyone know who Motorsports supplier is for these bumpers? Since they get there parts from all over, there is a good chance they are from ArizonaZ.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Arizona GT looks alot like MA's Aero II kit

Could be that the fiberglass bumper offered by Motorsport Auto IS from Arizona, the GT kit from Arizona looks alot like MA's Aero II kit. But if so (and Arizona's is cheaper), there is the $1,000 minimum order at Arizona.

That's not cool.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RE: Hey Rod....

Dennis,

I thought you had forgot all about the flywheel and clutch. You guys just have way too much fun over there, and I thought I'd try to get in on a little.

Seriously, I have to admit that I've been thinking of slapping a centerforce II on my stock 225mm wheel. I'm pretty sure you've commented on this subject before, but what are you latest thoughts.

Thanks for the reply.

Rod

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RE: WINGS WEST

I got the kit for my 83 and the wing had come from Wings West. The rest of the kit had the same quality control stickers on it so I would assume that Wings West made the entire kit for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.