ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have decided to upgrade my exhaust system, the present muffler, pipes have holes(eminently practical). i think i will go with the motorsport 3 into 2 header, 2.5" mandrel pipe, a summit turbo muffler, a 4" monza big bore tip. or i could just order the whole thing from motorsport. how is the quality of the motorsport headers? for that matter have i lost my mind? ( no don't answer the last part) yes i have searched the forum and the answers seem inclonclusive concerning motorsport. looking for a definitive maybe.
thanks
Zya
p.s. 81 280zx 2+2 n/a at least for now. after the exhaust a K & N etc.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Iwish I could give a better answer about the headers, but I havent installed them yet. They look fine though. Sent mine off to Jet-Hot and will be installing new engine and everything else to go with it hopefully this weekend. Course It would help if the machine shop didnt drag its feet. I dont have muffler on mine. Just 2 1/2 hi flow cat and Monza dual tips. Sounds awsome. But that was before new engine and header. Im sure header will increase noise level some but I will wait until it is in before I decide to quiet it down more.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the Motorsport 3-2-1 header w/EGR and their aluminized exhuast system and have no complaints. I like the sound and have yet to decide to add a "glass pack" to tone down the resonance. Two suggestions, a) apply "anti seize" to both sides of the manifold gasket prior to installation as that will keep it from drying out and leaking and b) if you have AC, make sure the high pressure hose isn't to close. Learned the hard way. Good luck and keep us posted. :>)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what is the benefit of the jet hot? forgive the neophyte question. thanks and more importantly what is the extra expense?

·
Registered
625 Posts
I bought my 3 ino 2 Motorsport header 9 years ago and it has been swapped out on 3 different heads on different cars and still works great. There exhaust system however rusted out 3 years ago but it was not the aluminized one they sell now. I think it is a good product and recommend you buy it. Later,norm P.S. you may have to cut the exhaust pipes down to get a perfect fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.