ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about getting one of these kits for my 280 to get rid of my mack truck bumpers. (Plus my back one is all messed up from the exhaust.) My major concern is whether they are worth a **** in a wreck. Is it just fiber glass that bolts on, or was saftey a concern in their design? The ad doesnt mention it. Does anyone know? Wait a minute, Zack should know, right? I guess you understand my worry. If anyone can tell me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again,

Mike B.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
The original bumpers are rated at 5MPH ,above that they are worthless. how many times have you been in an 5MPH wreck in a Z? Mine was at 80:) just drive carefully and watch those parking lot exits.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Motorsport Aero Kit II-Zack Speaks

Mike,
It's nothing but good looking fiberglass. It gets hit and it'll explode like a 'vette against a tree. Can't have it all. It does give me rock solid stability at 115-120 MPH.
Phantom

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Re: Motorsport Aero Kit II-Zack Speaks

> Mike,
> It's nothing but good looking fiberglass. It
> gets hit and it'll explode like a 'vette
> against a tree. Can't have it all. It does
> give me rock solid stability at 115-120 MPH.
> Phantom

I was thinking about getting that for my car and getting my Dad to weld steel behind the fiberglass to add some support in a wreck. But the fiberglass would still be destroyed.

Sam 75 280z

·
Registered
28 Posts
Re: Motorsport Aero Kit II-Zack Speaks

So, don't wreck. :cool:

DaveB

'72 240Z '72 240Z ITS

> I was thinking about getting that for my car
> and getting my Dad to weld steel behind the
> fiberglass to add some support in a wreck.
> But the fiberglass would still be destroyed.

> Sam 75 280z

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.