ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much would a complete rebuild of a turbo motor cost.
im thinking all gaskets, stock or aftermarket pistons(what ever is cheeper), all bearings and sh!t. what price range would i be looking at.
thank you a head of time

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yeah your looking at a hugh job, prob 1500-3k if you want it done the right way, and the stock stuff is always going to be cheaper most of the time..

·
Registered
782 Posts
gaskets=$150
For bearing you should probably use TOGA=$100
factory compresson piston will probably be about=$200
For piston rings you should use Total Seal=$100

I have a set of pistons and rods still connected from my last motor with 2500 miles on them the only thing wrong with them is the #1 pistons had a few nicks on the top but nothing major at all. The pistons are .020mm over which is .030in. You would have to have your motor bored .020mm over and the pistons would be ready to install. When I upgraded my fuel system and turbocharger I went ahead and bought brc pistons and twin turbo connecting rods so the other stuff I had has been in a box. Let me know if you want pictures, I would sell the pistons and rods for $75 then you would just need bearings and rings.

Post Edited (Sep 27, 3:20pm)

·
Registered
782 Posts
It probably makes a 3.1 liter. You could even mabey go 40mm over but you would have to check with a machine shop and see if there would be any cooling issues cause the thinner the cylinder walls the hottor the engine will run, well you could over come it with an aftermarket aluminum radiator though.

Post Edited (Sep 27, 3:17pm)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
f that then i figured even just a top end build would cost me a 1000 or more.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I think when I had my cylinder heads all redone with new oil seals, 3 angle valve job and had the heads surfaced and reassembled. The total was like $280

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.