ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the motor swapped in without any major problems! i am quite happy about this. Now just have to do some minor things like hook up the turbo and find a mounting spot for the apexi BOV on the stock pipe hybrid sent me.

The B&M short throw from a 240sx bolted up perfect. I was wondering if it would beings I had all the other problems going on :p

I'll keep you all posted now that I am on the home stretch, I hope. :-/

Post Edited (Oct 23, 7:46pm)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Man Thats Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!...i cant wait till i get mine done...have a small delay...i hope to have everything done by the end of the year.

1981 nissan 200sx 262000 miles and still going

1986 nissan 300zx turbo swap in progress

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I also plan to drop in the VG30ET into my NA one day, but the current engine is just too strong so I can't justify it right now. I may end up converting the current motor to turbo, haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
85zx- How many miles are on your N/A motor?

I had 70K on mine but still pulled it for a turbo motor. :)

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Ive got about 130,000 miles on mine; you wouldnt know to drive it though... Goes really hard, runs off the clock no problems and has a real beasty growl to it. I've spent a cool $10,000 replacing everything imaginable besides the motor so it's really all that's left to be done. Finding a healthy VG30ET motor will be difficult for me here in Australia; going to try looking at getting a low mile one from Japan if I can find a supplier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.