ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me if a 90 300zx motor will fit and plug up to an 84 300 zx with no problem and if there will be a problem what will it be and how do I make it work ????????? any help would be greatly appreciated you might remember me by the posting of I murdered bitchin betty LOL thanks again

·
Registered
104 Posts
dont even think about swapping a tt in there your car is obdo and that engine is obd1 a much bigger the fittment issues of the motor with the turbos is just a bad idea, you can make just as much hp if you plan your **** right for half the money it would have taken you to put that stock motor in your car

·
Registered
255 Posts
This swap has been done before I think. You gotta know what your doing and have fabrication skills and such. You can swap just about any engine into a Z, let it be a V8 or a SR20DET. It has been done. It won't be a direct swap. If you want any help with swaps, hybridz.org is your best source.

Post Edited (Mar 26, 9:23pm)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the main reason I'm even thinking about doing the switch is my timing belt went out and I think all my valves are bent I reset the timing several times to the same result . NO START and its acting like no compression so I found the motor for 400.00 and the motor only has 114,000 miles where my 84 has 136,000 now on that basis Zowner45 what would you do? I really do thank you all for your comments .

·
Registered
37 Posts
the swap is possible and it has been done before, like what Z31_driver said u need to know what you are doing to get everything to work. I've done my research on the swap as i'm doing it myself soon and I found a mechanic who has done the swap before.
have fun and let us know when your done.
Good luck

·
Registered
255 Posts
Another suggestion to you is try to find someone who has done this swap before and try to get some pointers. I too plan to do an engine swap but that won't happen untill next winter, I'd like to be able to drive my Z this summer and plus I need to save up for the parts. I am not going to speak of my swap untill I start it because I am not sure it will even happen and it's better to not talk about something like this untill you start doing it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
my reccomendation is to stear away from the tt swap, if you want to swap something i would take allyour salvageble parts sensors starters block ya da ya, then i would put a tts crank and pistons into your z31 block this can be done much easier though i dont know what you would have to do to get the block milled for that bad ass crank though but this is much cheaper and you would have one bad ass bottom end

·
Registered
657 Posts
I think newzowner45 has the right idea.... aslong as it will work..... you would have a bullet proof bottum end.... and a single turbo is soooo much cheaper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.