ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new Z owner and I need some info. I was told the motor was from a 72 280. The 280 has to be 75 and above. I have the block #'s and they ARE L28, but I'm not able to verify the year it was made ( I called Nissan USA). I want to do a complete re-build with good parts so I don't have to go into the motor for while.I've been told all 280's after 75 were fuel injected.......I don't believe it. The one I have is carb'd. I'd appriciate any info..

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: Motor info</b>

I believe that the 75 and up are fuel injected. I own a 76 and it is basically a 75 with a very few changes. If you have a early 75 the 74s may have carbs but I am not too sure. There are plenty of sites linked tothis one to check. happy hunting.

Craig76Z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: Motor info</b>

The 240 and 260 Zs both had carbs from 70-74 in the US. Many people switch to the L-28 block in a quest for more torque and hp. Someone has replaced the L-24 block with the L-28. The 280z from 75 up had fuel injection. Many people on this forum, including myself, have swithced to some form of the L-28 block. Don't worry, this has saved you the time to do it if you are looking for increased performance. Any more questions, just ask!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>My bad</b>

I was thinking that your owned a 240 or 260. If you own a 280, 10/74 and up then if was originally fuel injected. Look at the Code on the head. Passenger side between the #1 and #2 spark plugs. If it is the original head it should say N-42 or N-47. Sounds as if someone switched from fuel injection to carbs. Actually if it accepted a carb setup and was a 280 head it would have to be an N-42. Let us know!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.