Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again,

The situation - I have a 79 with a good body, but the engine is at least in need of a new exhaust manifold (approx $800), plus the clutch plate is gone (another $800 - figures are AUS$).

I was therefore wondering what my options would be like in terms of either converting the engine to turbo (bearing in mind that no 280zx turboes were sold here), or maybe looking at a total engine swap...

I called around local "turbo" mechanics, and found one who gave me a bit of advice. After running through the list of parts required to convert my existing 82 engine (adding up to around $6000 Aust - I could import a left-hand 280zxt from the US and convert it to R-hand for that kind of money) he suggested I look for a RV30 turbo engine.

Can anyone tell me what this engine is from? Would it go easy into a 79 280zx?

Further:

The following are ads from the same place I found my 79:

1 - Nissan ca18det motor complete with turbo, manifolds, intercooler, wiring harness, modified cpu (speed, rev, boost limit disabled) , manual gearbox, asking $1700 complete or will seperate.

2 - SR20det complete with turbo, manual box, cpu, intercooler and piping, asking $2500 ono or will seperate

3 - Datsun L20ET 2ltr 6 Cylinder EFI Turbo. Out of R30 GT Skyline runs well complete. Price: $700

Would any of these be an option?

If I can find a 300zxt, would its engine be any easier to use?

Probably dreaming... but I want to play David Hasselhof too! :)

·
Registered
532 Posts
sr20det

your best bet would be the SR20det

it's a 2.0 L 4 banger with 4 valves/cylinder and it will produce the same hp as the L28T.....

you should call up a wrecker, you should be able to get a better price....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.