ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a few other questions, I am going to make them 2 seperate posts. My first questions is, SPARK PLUGS, everyone seems to have an opinion on them, Auto Parts Stores, people here, and everyone seems to recomend different types and brands, some say Platinum because it last longer ( not a bad thing by any means ), some people say copper because it conducts electricity better ( Although I thought the denser the metal the better the conductance IE gold is dense, and platinum is even more so ). So lets here it, tell me what you use and why, I am running an 1982 280ZX 2+2, I have a Crane Cams Fireball PS20 Coil ( approx 40,000 volts I was told at Autosport in Orange, CA ), and Taylor Wires 8mm ( very nice ). What plugs do you guys recomend, and what gap? I would imagine the higher voltage should allow me to run a wider gap, I usualy run a .040. So lets here everyones opinion here, I will choose one, buy the plugs and let you know. After all, plugs are fairly inexpensive so if I get a set I do not like, I will consider it cost of learning.

Scott Milella

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>RE: More Questions</b>

Try Splitfires. They have worked well in my cars. Cap them according manuf. instructions.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am using Autolite Platinums but I hear from most people that the NGK's are the best. I will probably switch to NGK's on my next set just to see if there is a difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.