Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
beebop wrote:
-------------------------------
What can I do to get more horsepower in my 72 240Z? Anything you know, tell me!

As always, the cheapest horsepower for the buck would be an exhaust upgrade.

I'd go to a muffler place and have them put 2.25 inch pipe all the way back from exhaust manifold and install a less restrictive muffler.

Instant horsepower and it makes a nicer sound(as long as you use a resonator also--otherwise it might be too loud)

This would be the first thing I do with your Z.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>RE: more hp with 240Z???</b>

after the baby is born and the kitchen if refinished i plan to put a l-28 block e-31 head headers 5 speed in my 73 that should do something for horse power. how much do you want to spend? whats under the hood now? mine is stock except headers ,72 carbs and a motorsport muffler. but like you i want to chirp third gear:)

·
Registered
625 Posts
GET some dual K&N airfilters!!

I installed these on a
stock 72 240Z in 1990 and
timed it before and after
installation.It was about
3 seconds faster 0-100
Mph. The stock airbox is a
major restriction to
airflow!!! The Dual K&N
airfilter setup should set
you back about $90 dollars
but it is the best bang
for the buck you will ever
spend!! John wrote:-------------------------------beebop wrote:-------------------------------What can I do to get more horsepower in my 72 240Z? Anything you know, tell me!As always, the cheapest horsepower for the buck would be an exhaust upgrade.I'd go to a muffler place and have them put 2.25 inch pipe all the way back from exhaust manifold and install a less restrictive muffler.Instant horsepower and it makes a nicer sound(as long as you use a resonator also--otherwise it might be too loud)This would be the first thing I do with your Z.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.