ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i learned today that this car is one of the best early 90s sedans for the money i paid...
today i figured i may as well give a burnout a go..sat and spun for like 5 seconds then drove off, but looking in the rear view i noticed not one, but two black trails behind me...UHHHH..try again, same thing... going into an altima forum i found that the 1993 altima sport edition came with LSD, and ABS ( i knew this thanks to a jackass in a honda)

so all in all, through all the BS i caught for the altima AND YES I KNOW THIS IS A Z FORUM..the car really isnt too bad of a car..in many ways its out done the ole' 2+2, but let me tell you guys.. i got in the Z again today, and getting back on the road with the bark of a V6 behind me, theres nothing like that in the world for me...i love nissan!!!!

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
I know you think that altima is a great car but again I must bring up the air bag issues that car had that got Nissan plenty of law suits. Sounds overall like it would be a great little commuter/grocery getter type car but after seeing several reports on the air bags for this generation of altima I wouldn't be driving. Just sit back as far as you can, same for the passenger, so if the air bags go off you hopefully won't go blind.

Aside from that, sounds great. Always nice when you find out something new about your car, especially if it's an LSD. Still I can't understand how your Z doesn't out perform it. Have you taken your altima to the track yet? I'd be intersted to see what times it brings in.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im hittin the track this wednesday...remember its a straight stock altima..

and yes thank you very much for the info on the airbags, i will check if the recall was performed... id say the only areas the alty doesnt out do the z in is top speed, overall appeal, torque, handling...so well see how it goes

·
Registered
958 Posts
hmmmmm. what are the chances we could take an Altima LSD and swap it to Z31. hmmm. It might be a long shot, but it also might be looking into. hmmm.

·
Registered
297 Posts
only 04/87-89 turbo's came with limited slips

·
Registered
124 Posts
Put up alittle more and buy a newer gen maximia.. i can take 350Z's in mine. Altima's are pos's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.