ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody put 'em on your 87 na's? What do I remove to get the passenger side header in? Y'know, without an enourmous amount of hassle?
Thanks
:peace,
Jesse

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Don't use monza products or pacesetter products as they are bad. In general they are poor fitting and poor quality. For headers go to www.zcarparts.com and get the headers from there. Also get the optional jet hot coating as it keeps things much cooler under the hood so you don't burn up near-by wires, keeps the headers looking nice for years to come, and will prevent the headers from rusting out. Good luck

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anybody have some information that is actually of some use to me? I have the headers, they're going in. I need help putting them in. Please read the original post and give me a hand. Thanks

Jesse

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Why don't you read my post again. Monza headers suck. You will go through all that trouble to try and install and find out they don't fit. If by some miricle you got a set that do fit they will not last very long and will fall apart on you so that you have to go through replacing them again. Also you will have the challenge of trying to get them to seal right. Chances are you will have a hard time during install with the gasket sealing and then later on it will leak. Do yourself a big favor and sell these headers or return them if possible, then use that money to buy some good quality headers. Don't be stuborn and install these headers because you already have them. Had you done your homework in the first place about headers you would have found out about the shitty quality of Monza in the first place. Do what you want but you'll regret it if you don't listen to me, that is if you keep your car for a while.

·
Registered
782 Posts
My brother had bought pacesetter exhaust for his honda crx and after 1 year I was driving behind him and the muffler fell off it had rusted real bad. It was a good fit but poor quality.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dear 280/300zx person,
Thank you for your kind advice. Some of us are poor and can't afford the top of the line stuff, but need our cars to run. That's where inexpensive parts come in handy. They may not be a perfect and final solution, but work when needed. You have not been helpful. Now kindly f**k off.

Jesse

P.S. Thanks RocknTommy. You rock. I printed the directions out and will start probably on Friday.

Post Edited (Aug 24, 2:16pm)

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Hahahahaha. If you are poor and just wanted something to fix your car with you should have just stuck with a stock exhuast manifold that could be had from the junkyard for much cheaper than a monza header. Also whats the point in doing something on your car if you know it's going to fail? Kind of stupid becuase that means you have to do the work twice. It's always better to spend the extra money the first time to make sure it's done right. As for fucking off good luck. I've been on this board much longer than you have and will probably be here when you leave. You obviously don't know **** about working cars and don't really care to have your Z working in proper order by putting bad quality parts on it. As for being helpful I have been, it's just that you chose not to listen to sage advice that is more than common knowledge on this board. So how about you **** off and go find a board where people like to do **** work to their cars or how about you sell your Z and let someone own it who will actually give a ****.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Take there advice... this isnt your toilet where can flush it twice and be done with it this requires some actual work. He's right for longtivity cast manifolds are the best.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Duly noted. The headers are still going on, since I don't have any other options at the moment.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
You almost always have options. In this case your best option is to sell the monza headers on ebay or in a local paper to get the most money you can for them. Then take that money and go buy some stock manifolds from a stock Z in a junkyard. A set of junkyard manifolds shouldn't cost more than 50 bucks which even a teenage kid working at McDonalds can come up with. I know this option sucks because you'll take a lose on the money you spent on the header but trust me you don't want that piece of crap part on your car. ****, if I still had my stock manifolds I would send them to you for free just so you wouldn't have to use that header. I know I'm being adament about this subject but honestly I'm trying to help you from making a big mistake on your Z. Changing the headers out on these cars isn't exactly an easy job to do so you don't want to do it now and worry about doing it again later. Just wondering, what happened to your original manifolds? Stock manifolds don't usually break so if it's a choice between using your current stock set up or this monza header just stick with the stock set up.

·
Registered
194 Posts
One other thing!
No matter what manifolds / headers you are throwing on there.
Get a can of PB Blaster. (great stuff!)
Remove the heat shields.
Soak the **** of the nuts for a few days or even a week before attempting to unbolt the old manifolds. Spray them down once a day.
Order or buy a few new studs just in case so you have them on hand.
They do not cost that much and you might have a few break.
Take you time with this project.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
hey doug, maybe if u can only afford 150$ headers stick with the stock ones. plus they wont give u any horse power.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I would listen to them Doug...Nothing is worst that spending grueling hours trying to fit something into your car then have it just fall out months later. In this forum you have the Z freaks who love our cars and take care of them as best as we can...THe last thing we need is a fellow Z member's exhaust falling off on the highway :eek:P But in all seriousness...Regardless of how belittling a lot of the comments may seem, they are still very helpful. These people on here know a lot about Z's and can tell you what works best. If 280z/300ZX says MONZA sucks...lol...I take his word for it and I will make sure to never put anything MOnza in my car :eek:P

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.