ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it worth it to mod an AE? or jus keep it stock? if i were to mod it i would go full out, intake(K&N) , exhaust(CM turbo back) , boost controller(HKS) , turbo timer(HKS) etc... would it make the value of the car go up or down or would it stay about the same?

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
People have different opinions on this. Some think that keeping it stock is the way to go for value. Those who think that but still want mods do only bolt on type mods that can easily be returned to stock if needed. On the other hand there are those who will fully mod an AE becuase to them value of the car doesn't matter (they don't plan to sell) or becuase they don't really see that it drops the value. Honestly if you plan to sell the car later on why put money into modding it that much. Also a car is only worth as much as a person is willing to pay. There are plenty of people on both sides of the coin that would pay higher for a stock AE and there are those that would pay higher for a modifed AE. From what I've seen over the years a stock AE in good condition goes for just about the same amount as a good condition modifed AE. Again you need to ask yourself if this is a car you plan to keep a long time or sell or if it's some kind of an investment. If it's an investment you picked the wrong car as the 300zx doesn't really have a high value. If you plan to sell I say why bother with heavy mods. If you plan to keep it for a long time then mod away and have fun. The only thing I would perhaps second guess moding would be the body. Motor, drive train, tranny, suspension all can be changed back to stock if need be but body work can be a little more tricky. Just my opinion and I'm sure others will give you thiers so make up your own mind for whats best for you.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well if this helps, I have an 50th AE too and I plan to modify it. I'm building a 11-12 sec car. Reasons I'm doing it is because it's not mint anymore and I like to have a fast car and it's my car.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
You're only going to get more money for it after modding if you sell it to someone who cares about the mods you did.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
keep with bolt ons. easy to go back to stock if you need to.

·
Registered
129 Posts
in my opinion, go for the mods, just as long as you keep your AE looking stock. Everything from the 50th Anni emblem and the Turbo emblem set the AE apart from other Zs. Why wouldn't you wanna keep this car for a long time? I'm planning to keep this car till I die, mainly cuz I like the fact that only 5148 of them were made :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.