ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
it definetly should, but i must warn there is much work to do to test, fab, and make it work, alot easier just to buy one or plug it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
"I'd say plug it and get a BOV."

yeah, i say plug it and stick a garden trowel up santas ass.

a BOV does not function as a POV unless it is installed/adjusted very very poorly.

trowels are pretty cheap at home depot in the garden center when compared to BOV's

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
"yeah, i say plug it and stick a garden trowel up santas ass. "

why do you always have to be a$shole and make it sound like you're something special when you're usually wrong?

Post Edited (Sep 29, 9:49pm)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Author: clownsrus
Date: Sep 29, 9:13pm

"I'd say plug it and get a BOV."

yeah, i say plug it and stick a garden trowel up santas ass.

a BOV does not function as a POV unless it is installed/adjusted very very poorly.

trowels are pretty cheap at home depot in the garden center when compared to BOV's

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are an idiot.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I know that they don't work exactly the same. A POV is more or less a safety device that releases the pressure whn you wstegate malfunctions so it doesn't ruin your motor. A BOV releases the exsess pressure that you rturbo creates after the throttle plate slaps shut, which could cause compressor stall giving you turbo lag.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
a BOV and a POV aren't the same thing, but the way assclown made his comment gives no real information and was blatantly annoying...

1sikZ:
you're right. from my understanding a POV just vents excessive pressure as a safety fallback device.
and I believe a BOV helps limit compressor stall by venting pressure from behind the compressor turbine when the throttle body closes. Otherwise the air would hit a wall (the closed throttle body) and the turbine would stop, causing turbo lag but also causing the exhaust turbine to stop spinning which causes excessive back pressure and is bad for the turbine... but Zbum or 88hybrid would be more qualified to answer that than I am.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.