ZCar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm beyond livid. We were having a mobile mechanic help me get our 74 260Z up and running. We had him do various Mechanical work on our other vehicles and never had any issues at all. The carbs (dual) he took off to rebuild them for us with the carb kits we purchased.

Now he is MIA - moved and refuses to give us back our carbs, I have this number but he is not answering anyone to any of my texts or phone calls more than likely I am blocked. AlI have is his girlfriends address where they both were staying locally when he was working on our vehicles. .

Anyrate that's my problem to deal with - why can't people just be decent is that to much to ask for anymore?
Now I am left with trying to find other carbs at a reasonable price.

The ones he stole were two webers 32/36 - Photos attached.

We still have the canon manifolds. I guess my question is were the carbs that he stole in the photos manual or automatic (that is why I attached photo)
Should I get automatic choke when I replace is that better to get. The choke cable was needing to be replaced in the Z as it was kinked and does not budge.

Any advice would be appreciated

I'm going to file a small claims suit on the mechanic but still does nothing to get our carbs back so I am going to have fork out the $$ and replace them.

What's your suggestions on what carbs to get I see boht manual and automatic weber 32 carbs.
Another view carb.jpg
side view carb.jpg
carbs again.jpg

Thank you.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
I have a friend who lives out in the country. Her neighbor and his wife built a fence slightly on their side of the line but also included steps that go over the fence to her side of the property. Technically, he can go over there if he's working on the fence. Instead, he uses it to mess with her (my friend) and her animals. She's reported various things like the guy walking around naked on her side of the fence, pointing guns at her animals etc. to the police. The cops said that they couldn't do anything on her word alone unless she has pics or he shoots an animal (and she can prove it).

This guy also messed with the neighbor who lives on the other side. This neighbor had a conversation and the guy. It went something like this: "Listen MF, I've been to prison and ain't afraid to back. You ef with me and I'll kill you.

You're wasting time and energy pressing charges in small claims court. It MAY be worth it to mess with his credit and reputation but don't expect anything else and note that it will cost you a couple hundred in filing fees and having papers served. Hire someone besides the police to serve the papers because the police don't work hard at serving papers. They'll more likely just drive by and call it a day if he doesn't answer or isn't home.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a friend who lives out in the country. Her neighbor and his wife built a fence slightly on their side of the line but also included steps that go over the fence to her side of the property. Technically, he can go over there if he's working on the fence. Instead, he uses it to mess with her (my friend) and her animals. She's reported various things like the guy walking around naked on her side of the fence, pointing guns at her animals etc. to the police. The cops said that they couldn't do anything on her word alone unless she has pics or he shoots an animal (and she can prove it).

This guy also messed with the neighbor who lives on the other side. This neighbor had a conversation and the guy. It went something like this: "Listen MF, I've been to prison and ain't afraid to back. You ef with me and I'll kill you.

You're wasting time and energy pressing charges in small claims court. It MAY be worth it to mess with his credit and reputation but don't expect anything else and note that it will cost you a couple hundred in filing fees and having papers served. Hire someone besides the police to serve the papers because the police don't work hard at serving papers. They'll more likely just drive by and call it a day if he doesn't answer or isn't home.
Its the sad truth but this is pretty spot on, small claims most likely wont do anything and end up costing more

1 - 5 of 5 Posts