ZCar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I've owned my '74 260z for nearly 20 years, bought it from a former friend as a basket case for $2,000. Was visiting his shop one day to see his progress on it and he had obviously gotten bored with it. He told me 2 grand and get it out of my sight. Fast forward to today and I pulled the title out of my storage as I am finally moving on the car and preparing to send it out to the paint shop this spring.

Problems:

The title is from out of state and assigned to my former friend. The turkey never brought it up in his name, which is a skipped title. Has anyone dealt with these issues? It's been so long I don't have a bill of sale or even the cancelled check. I have the title with VIN, both data plates with the vin and the matching numbers on the engine block. Would it be best just to set this out of state title aside and apply for a new one in my name? What else would the title folks ask for, affidavits from my wife, sons and other family members that they've seen the car in our garage for 20 years? :sneaky:

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Part B of this is that I really do not want to deal with this former friend at all. Had a major falling out and I'm not so sure he wouldn't give me nightmares trying to get the title assignment straightened out. Heck, the dude might even straight up contest ownership.....:rolleyes:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts