ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
here's a clip from the washington z club site:

"Then came Keith Maddock as a conciliator: "I have installed a set of seats from a Mazda Miata. They look very nice in the car, and do not look obviously non-stock. Installation was simple. I bolted the Z tracks to the Miata seats and then bolted right into the Z. Each Z track needed one hole drilled in them to match the bolt hole pattern of the Miata seat. The seats are nice and comfortable - I have made two 2500 mile trips in them and I never felt sore from the seats.... Plus, a bonus of Miata seats is that they have two speakers in each seat headrest... "

that is all i've seen on it. the entire article is at

http://www.zccw.org/Tech/Interior/11-97BottomLineEarlyZSeats.html

hope this helps. marcus

·
Registered
549 Posts
It depends on what kind of miata seats i suppose
The older ones with the speakers in the headrest are probably as easy as the guy in the last message reported. I installed some blue suede and black buck leather ones in my car and it was rather tricky. they were out of a 1999 model but they look great. They looked so good that i customized the interior to match them. I'll watch for your response and if you need advice on the later model seats I'll try to help

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses, but the Miata seats I am installing are from a 1990 and are cloth. One post said that he just replaced the Miata brackets with the Z-brackets with some new holes. But mine isn't that easy. So I'm thinking about cutting the cross-member in the interior and use the Miata brackets instead. I would appreciate any other suggestions without hacking up the cross member or anything else in my 280Z. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.