ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just recently noticed that a hose that connects from the bottom of the throttlebody to a black cylinder located behind the right headlamp (vacuum regulator?) has melted and is just dangling. i plan on getting a replacement hose and installing. what kind of problem would this melted line cause? currently, the idle is kind of rough and i have intermittent ac/heater operation.

also, what kind of hose should i ask for when i go to pep boys or autozone?

this is for a 81 280zx n/a btw :)

thanx in advance.

· Registered
1,760 Posts
The symptoms you described is the result of not having that vacuum line hooked up. The canister behind the right headlight is the charcaol canister. It will have a line from the distributor vacuum advance, which is attached to a Tee fitting, one part of the Tee goes to the bottom of the throttle body, the other to the dist. vac advance, and the other Tee goes to the carbon can. There should be a tag on the carb can noting where the vac advance hooks up (BTW... the 1st connector on carb can is vac advance, second goes the the intake manifold plug by the air regulator, third goes to the fuel vent line, there may be a fourth plug on the carb can, not uses, so get a vacuum plug and plug it up)

You can use any vacuum/washer, wiper line the autoparts stores have. Forgot the size, just cut off a piece and take it to the store to match up the size.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.