ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pls guys tell me, is this installation worth it 'cos i have a guy offering me a set for $200.00 and i already ordered my monroe struts for my 72 datsun.
i'm afraid the whole thing will bottom out on me and i simply cant afford that.
thanks

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
It depends on what you want from the car. Your getting monroe struts which are fine for daily street use but they are by no means a performance strut. The coilovers are the complete other end of the spectrum. Not only do they require major modification to install but then you still need struts and springs. It really has nothing to do with bottoming out. With the coilovers you can adjust ride height and corner weight, you can actually lift the car possibly 2-3 inches or drop it to the ground.

If someone is offering assembled coilovers with struts and springs for $200 then they could be bolted on your car by removing the stock suspension but that would be a "to good to be true" price. To properly install coilovers your looking at $1000 unless you can do the machine work and welding your self.

It sounds like your replacing your struts not looking for a race type full suspension overhaul.

Matt

·
Registered
91 Posts
coilovers $1000???

i sell a whold setup for $400 in hypercoil springs.\
it doesnt take much work to install them.
how do you get $1000 from that. no way is it $600 labor to install.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Re: coilovers $1000???

OK, how much will you do the install on my 78 for? I bring you the car with 20 year old stock suspension and drop it off. $1000 includes your $400 dollar kit, then I also need struts that right there takes it up another $400 unless you go with some really cheap crap. So your telling me you'll do the perch removal and sectioning and refinishing and reassembly for under $200! Yeah right.

This Z owner was talking about monroe struts! I just want to make sure they realize what their getting into.

Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.