ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
i have seen a TSB about this.... ill print it out tomorrow when i go to work from all data and port it back here for you

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Hmmm if the auto system ...

displayed 33 set 30 amb that should have forced the air to full heat through the defrost vents. No heat means either the watercock did not open or the core is plugged. To see if you have flow to the core warm the car to normal then press the AUTO and OFF button to get the 30 and 33 display code. Once you have this code press the HI fan swich to show 30 43 on the display. The air flow should change to floor at the full heat setting. If there is still no heat then the you need to check the two small heater hoses that connect to the firewall should have one hose hot and the other hose warm to the touch after about 1 minute of running. If one hose gets warm and the other cold then either the core is plugged or the watercock is not opening. On the drivers side of the heater core you will also see some linkage. Look for a cable that wraps around the rear of the core housing. That is the watercock cable. When the car is set at 30 / 33 the cable should extended and when the system is set to off you should see the cable arm push back to the firewall (off position). Make shure the linkage moves smoothly and the cable extends with the arm.
Post what you find.
MaxDoc

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright, i'll have to check the FSM to locate the hoses you are talking about. I'll try and post what I find by the end of the week.

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
Hoses are about 1 foot from battery going towards driver's side. Pretty easy to spot -- only hoses in that area clamped to metal pipes coming thru firewall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.