ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard of a mass airflow upgrade for early FI Z's that replaces the stock airflow meter with something much less restrictive. What exactly is this system? I remember my mechanic saying something about how it costs about $1800 can. to do the conversion. Will this increase performance on a hopped up L28?

Also, is it worth going to SDS for an FI engine that only uses one throttle body? (I know you need one for multiple throttle bodies, but this is way too $$$$). Will there be a real performance difference vs. upgrading ignition/injectors/regulator etc.?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Get a AFM from a turbo

Your can get a AFM from a 80-83 turbo and swap the internal parts (electronics).

If you do so, you will need to understand how to re-adjust the fuel mixtures...

Upgrading to an SDS is only necessary on a highly modified engine when the stock FI will no longer meet your fuel requirements. -OR- if you need to finely tune your fuel mixtures in high performance applications. The amount of throttle bodies is not a relevant deciding factor, a properly designed FI system will work in either configuration with an SDS.

If you're looking for more detailed information, you would need to further outline your goals and what you're trying to accomplish...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.