ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well some of you might remember, my shiro has some intermitent problems.. one being a bad miss, and horrible black fuel smoke from the exhaust. ive narrowed it down to wiggling the mass air flow wireing to fix the problem but i have to do this every 10 or so miles. Im not getting the maf code.. ive decided that im not even going to test the sensor.. i just got a truck so i could keep the miles of the shiro, and im in the middle of replacing everything i can..

where can i get the best bang fo the buck for my mass air flow sensor?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
if wiggleing the wires fixes it, even temporarily, i would think the problem is not with the maf but in the wireing harness. i bet if you put a new maf on it you'll still have the same problem.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i agree chezam, but the little lack tabs that hold the wire harness to the maf are broke off, so my connector will not stay on. ive been trying to come up with a way to fasten it on there.. but have no ideas yet... any ides? also i always here about mafs going out on these cars, and i figure mine is 17 years old.. so why not replace it.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
ive used zip ties to hold connectors together temporarily.**** the maf in my wifes 86 slicktop is 19 yrs old, it aint broke and im not fixing it ;)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Best deal I found for a MAF was at NAPA, $200 for a cleaned, rebuilt, recalibrated ubit that works fine. I has several offers of used one, $50 to $100, BUT I DIDN'T TRUST THE SOURCES. Incidently, Ii don't think you have a bad MAF, Ii think your problem is the connector. Clean and tighten the terminals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.