ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading about this stuff in the 90-96 tech page and was just wondering if any one had used in our cars? Is it rely safe to put in the gas tank? Pro's con's?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am a big fan of this stuff and have been using it my Oil for years on all my cars.
The idea of adding it to the fuel is to lubricated the top part of the engine injectors... valves etc. Have not added it to fuel for sometime (just forgot about it I guess) I did not notice any thing different, I just thought it would help lube the intake valves since my Z sat for about 2 years before I put it back on the road.

·
Registered
86 Posts
only thing I did with the stuff is to winterize the engine on my boat and lawnmower otherwise its **** near useless for your car...

of course you would get different opinions on that but I for one think that if there is something wrong with your car, you need to fix it not add crap to the tank. for cars that sit in winter, you may want to add stabilzer or gas-dry to keep moisture out, maybe injector cleaner but that's about it...

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Im with oceancon. Never been a fan of marvel mystery oil.

·
Registered
340 Posts
From what I understand, people generally only use Marvel Mystery Oil in their engine to thicken the oil. Haven't really read anyone dumping it into their fuel tank because there are more products to choose from to clean out the tank and what not. I used Marvel Mystery oil to cure that lifter tick because I don't have the time to tear the lifters apart and replace them.

·
Registered
447 Posts
A question - Can Marvel Mystery Oil be mixed with full-synthetic motor oil?
I asked the guy at the parts store and he said yeah sure why not? But I wouldn't trust that guy further than I could throw him...

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I would think so, but why?

·
Registered
447 Posts
My engine ticking sound doubled after i switched over to full-synthetic. I thought Marvel might help, but didn't know if it was bad to mix it with synthetic or not...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.