ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little smack talk is good for the soul. Can you back up your claim to power with a description of your setup? I will list what I have.
.020 over venolia forged, Total seal rings
race prepped L-28 rods(good for 600hp)
raceprepped crank
2mm HKS head gasket
N-42 w/ SS valve, comp. valvetrain, TEP performance cam, full port-n-polish
Custom intake manifold
440cc primary, 280cc secondary injectors
Bosch racing fuel pump, 16 gallon fuel cell
60-1 big shaft turbo, P-trim .58 a/r housing
racegate wastegate
27 x 8 x 3 core intercooler
Electromotive Tech II
15 x 8.5 rims w/ 245/50(rear), 195/50(front)
22x8 slicks for the track
Should pump out 475hp on pump gas and 525-550hp on race gas. I have all my stuff, but am still assembling it. Should be on the road within 3 weeks. If you aren't scared, tell us what ya got! When you sign your title over to me, the name is James Thagard.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> A little smack talk is good for the soul.
> Can you back up your claim to power with a
> description of your setup? I will list what
> I have.
> .020 over venolia forged, Total seal
> rings
> race prepped L-28 rods(good for 600hp)
> raceprepped crank
> 2mm HKS head gasket
> N-42 w/ SS valve, comp. valvetrain, TEP
> performance cam, full port-n-polish
> Custom intake manifold
> 440cc primary, 280cc secondary injectors
> Bosch racing fuel pump, 16 gallon fuel cell
> 60-1 big shaft turbo, P-trim .58 a/r housing
> racegate wastegate
> 27 x 8 x 3 core
> intercooler
> Electromotive Tech II
> 15 x 8.5 rims w/ 245/50(rear),
> 195/50(front)
> 22x8 slicks for the track
> Should pump out 475hp on pump gas and
> 525-550hp on race gas. I have all my stuff,
> but am still assembling it. Should be on the
> road within 3 weeks. If you aren't scared,
> tell us what ya got! When you sign your
> title over to me, the name is James Thagard.

My setup:
Arias pistons, molly rings, crower rods, 600 lift cam, ss valves, MAJOR head work on N42, T4 turbo, custom exhaust manifold, modified stock intake manifold, 64mm throttle body, 700cc injectors (6), 20x14.5x2 intercooler, 20x8.5 slicks, TecII, Deltagate wastegate, NOS 100 shot (I won't need this to beat you though - strictly reserved for track use only), in 71 240z, weight with driver=1800 lbs. As for the name on the title, you can leave yours blank - sounds like its only good for scrap anyway.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
break out the time slips

Should be an easy pissing match. Give your best time slip to Jim so he will know how to build the car to beat you. Then you can both one up each other until you both go broke. Mike, if your car is a serious as you list I'm suprised you are trying to talk so much trash. A solid 11 second slip in your pocket should make you feel good enough to not have to beat down other person's cars and opinions. Remember, there is ALWAYS someone faster.
greg
71 240z

P.S.: There are a few good NIRA and ID drag wars coming up that maybe both of you can go to and settle this. Jim should have the car built by then.

> My setup:
> Arias pistons, molly rings, crower rods, 600
> lift cam, ss valves, MAJOR head work on N42,
> T4 turbo, custom exhaust manifold, modified
> stock intake manifold, 64mm throttle body,
> 700cc injectors (6), 20x14.5x2 intercooler,
> 20x8.5 slicks, TecII, Deltagate wastegate,
> NOS 100 shot (I won't need this to beat you
> though - strictly reserved for track use
> only), in 71 240z, weight with driver=1800
> lbs. As for the name on the title, you can
> leave yours blank - sounds like its only
> good for scrap anyway.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yea!

Well my daddy is more famous than your daddy! At 1700lbs, your car isn't much of a street car. I assummed you only weighed 100lbs. Sounds like you have a good setup. I consider all of this to be in fun, I know I have been laughing. I never get pissed, unless you steal my diff. from me and then lie about it.(inside joke) I hope we can pair off someday, although I would have to admit you seem to have the upper hand. I think it is good when people post what they have to give others ideas on what works and doesn't work. By the way, just type in 'Norman Thagard' into a search engine, I have to beat you at something.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: break out the time slips (ID Drag Wars)

> P.S.: There are a few good NIRA and ID drag
> wars coming up that maybe both of you can go
> to and settle this. Jim should have the car
> built by then.

Speaking of drag racing, is anyone going to make it to the 'ID Drag Wars' in Houston Tx. this next weekend (Feb 28th)? There have been disappointingly few Z-cars at the last couple of events. I'm getting tired of racing Hondas!!

BTW, there also might be a mid 11 sec NOS'ed early gen running at this event.

Racer X
'77 280Z-T+a little NOS

PS. Next ID race is March 28 in Dallas (Ennis)...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Maybe I'll see you there.

> Speaking of drag racing, is anyone going to
> make it to the 'ID Drag Wars' in Houston Tx.
> this next weekend (Feb 28th)? There have
> been disappointingly few Z-cars at the last
> couple of events. I'm getting tired of
> racing Hondas!!

> BTW, there also might be a mid 11 sec NOS'ed
> early gen running at this event.

> Racer X
> '77 280Z-T+a little NOS

> PS. Next ID race is March 28 in Dallas
> (Ennis)...

I just may see you there. I haven't decided whether or not i want to put the car on the track, again or not. I'd like to have a few more recent time slips, just to see how the some of the new settings are going, but it's no big priority.

I don't really want to drive all the way to houston, or trailer the car that far, but i love the import scene down there. I've been down there to a few football games, and i can always find another Civic, Integra, or CRX to race. I chew the street cars up, and spit them out, but i would like to see a couple of these bad boys out at the track.

If I don't make the Houston run, I will definitly light 'em up at the Ennis event. I had planned on making a few of the North East events this year, to see how the car would run, with some really cool air, but plans feel through, and I ended up not getting the trailer, and so I have been pouting since.

E-mail me privatly, to give me your name and number, and let me know what type and color car you drive, and I'll get in touch with you, if I end up at the race way.

Chris Behney
President
Redline Autosports

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Hey can I see your setup?

Racer X
'77 280Z-T+a little NOS
Hey! I am building a very similar setup, I have a '77 280Z and a '82 ZXT motor. Lots of other goodies to put on after the block build up is done. But I live in Houston and would like to check out your ride. I need some pointers on what goes where and what not to do.. I understand you are going to the Drag this weekend. If you give me some info on how to contact you, I would like to get together before/after the drag. If you are interested just let me know and we can make arrangements.

Bean Bandit
John Cooney
'77 280ZTR

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Hey can I see your setup?

> Racer X
> '77 280Z-T+a little NOS
> Hey! I am building a very similar setup, I
> have a '77 280Z and a '82 ZXT motor.
> Bean Bandit
> John Cooney
> '77 280ZTR

It's really a pretty mild setup, but I would be happy to show off my 'stuff'. Look for the blue 280 with black 16 riken mesh wheels. Can't miss it.
Turbos really dig the **** out of nos...

Rcr X

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.