ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine and tranny 100% disconnected ready for pull tomorrow morning.

My Wife had a better day and is resting comfortably. I bought a new HP Pavilian laptop widescreen so she could watch DVD's and shop on the internet in her hospital bed.
The infection seems to have stopped growing as of this morning. If it turns the corner and starts getting smaller, home she comes!!!!

Yeah!!!!

Post Edited (Jan 23, 1:08pm)

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
Hey man, big congratulations on all counts!

Few questions:

1) Please tell me about how that laptop works out for you guys--I've been torn between Dell and HP laptops for months! Dell has better quality and customer support, but you can get a better equipped HP laptop for the same price--AHH!
2) Why are you scrapping the Z31 project? It sounded like you were SO close to finished! Did Mrs. Z-Addict have a change of heart or something?
3) The transmission shop is still trying to find a reverse gear for the TT manual transmission. Would you prefer to wait until it's found and installed or have it shipped after the fact?

Again, great news man, thanks for keeping us updated!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
glad to see she's feeling better, on the subject of laptops i have a dell latitude d600 i got through my school, although the support has been great alot of people have had issues with the hard drive crashing and overall issues. I havent had any problems except hte RIAA coming after me

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
I've never had a laptop, but we've had a number of HP's, and I never have a problem. I have several friends who've had Dell laptops and desktops and they always seem to develop problems. Dell may have really good customer service, but with my HP, I've never had to contact them so I don't know what they're service is like!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
keep us updated on your wife's recovery, it's great to hear she is doing better.

did someone say Dell has good customer support!!!???? um, no. try to accomplish something on the phone with them, it will take 1-2 hours and you will be speaking with someone in Asia (usually India).
go with the HP.
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1867.html
a whopping 1.78/10. way to go, Dell.
dave

Post Edited (Jan 23, 3:48pm)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
That great news that Mrs. Zaddict is on the upswing!
I know what you are going through, Mrs. Zsdaddy has been in the hospital 20 days (off and on) since October (with baby #2), and of course she was in for turkey day and xmas.
Z1-Go Toshiba, they are the best!

Post Edited (Jan 23, 2:51pm)

·
Premium Member
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Z1, just bring it on down whenever (transmission complete), I have my hands full but am ready whenever you are!

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
I'm very glad she is having some success.

For me, working on cars is a great stress reliever.

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
awesome dave... i didnt think you'd be moving that fast, i'd expect you to be spending hours upon hours with your wife and maybe an hour here and there with the car. either way, great news about your wife and i hope she makes a speedy recovery! give her my best!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Great news!

You are a hard worker Dave! Dealing with a sick wife is not easy, especially with kid(s) and your trying to get a client's/friend's car fixed. WOW!

And it's nice to see there are a lot of really caring people on this site.

Hope your wife comes home soon!

Best regards,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.