ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to hear from some people who have attempted the Chevy LT-1 and T56 swap. What did you use for a gas tank? I'm thinking of using a 16 gal. fuel cell, cutting out the spare tire well, and countersinking the fuel cell into the rear deck of the Z. That way I could also fit dual exhaust, one on each side and have a safe place for my fuel tank.
Also, what car was the engine/tranny combo taken out of? Did you use a Corvette LT-1, and Camero bellhousing and tranny? What slave and clutch master cylinders did you use?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
> I'd like to hear from some people who have
> attempted the Chevy LT-1 and T56 swap.

Hey Chris definately check out Matt's home page
very beautifull car which he is running Twin Exhaust with a T56...I don't think the car is running an LT-1 but he does go into details about the clutch. After reading his homepage and reading the JTR book I am glad I went with the T5
rather the the T56 ( The 7/8 Master Clutch Cylinder must be a bear in Traffic ) as far as Exhuast I ran duals back behind the Tranny and a single 3 to the muffler...
Good luck on your conversion!
Chuck

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Picture

Oh yeah in case you didn't figure it out the picture is of Matt's Car not mine...Mine is still in primer and doesn't have any doors.

Chuck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.