ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went into a high performance parts store today (Van Iderstein in Union, NJ) An old lady was behind the counter who didn't know sh$%t and the guy there was on the phone ignoring me and continuing with his personal call. So I couldn't even ask these people if I had the right stuff in my hands, so with a price of $14 / quart I stuck the stuff back on the shelves and walked out.

It was a brand called Red-Line and it said "Shcokproof" gear oil on the label and the back label said it "could" be used in a variety of rears including LSDs. But it did not seem like it was specifically recomended for the LSD.

So, what should I be using for my 88 300ZXT 3:70 R200 Clutch Type LSD that is being installed in my 240Z Turbo. I drive the car hard, and may race it one day.

Thanks in advance,

Chas

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, Redline is great stuff. Most all of us racers use it. The Shockproof gear oil is not really for LS Diffs. It is for locked diffs or diffs that get lots of tourque (like a Trans-am car or Cup car or drag racer). For a street LSD I would recommend their regular 75W90. For the manual trans use the MTL.
For a racing LSD I use a mix of the regular 75W90 and 75W909NS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.