Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have an LSD which most people tells me that it's also being used on the
Z car. I would like to post a picture of this LSD in the hopes that people in here would regconise it and tell me if it's true, how do I post pictures in here?. It's got a sticker that says Viscous LSD. If this is true, how much would it be worth?. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jason,
I really have no idea where this LSD came out of except that I was told that it should fit my Nissan car at the time when I was looking at buying it.Later my friends told me it is also suitable for the Z car. I have just uploaded a picture of this LSD, the top mount for the LSD deosn't look like it's for my car because it has a different style mounting.

Here's the link again...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/alfred_loh/album?.dir=/f899

·
Registered
5,597 Posts

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
It probably came off a 300ZX.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, it's an R200, 3.9:1 ratio Viscous LSD. The CV came attached to the
differential but the halfshaft has been cut in two and I do not have the
other half, it probably went with the wheel knuckle. It's up sale if anyone
is interested but I don't have an idea how much it's worth. Anyone?.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Thats one strange looking case, It has some sort off sensor attached to it at the nose.
I have two R200 VLSDs, (88 SS Shirro) and neither one had that on it.
That is a R200, and going by the orange sticker, its a VLSD, so it must also have to have the special matching halfshafts to go with it, or your SOL....

I'd like to see better pics of it, maybe a shot without the rear cover, to try and idenifiy it...
Please let me know if you want to unload it. I have the halfshafts, so I can use it...
thanks
joel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have uploaded more pictures of this LSD, mostly to show the CV. The "lsdinside" picture file was taken off another LSD with the rear cover removed, I have once removed the rear cover to look at the markings on the ring gear of the actual LSD that showed that it was a 3.9:1 ratio, no pictures was taken though. I measured the diameter of the halfshafts and noticed that they were unusally large at 31mm, most others were like 28mm or 29mm.

The sensor must have been there to sense speed rotation, neither have I seen one like that before and surely do not know which car it came out off.

I have been hunting for the halfshafts for this and I have not been very successful so far, so if you want it I am willing to let it go and I can locate another if need be. Give me an offer but bare in mind that I am in Malaysia and shipping cost to wherever you are may add to your budget

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/alfred_loh/album?.dir=f899

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Nissan sold road race Z31 300ZXs for SCCA use with long snout viscous R200.
You must use it with the proper halfshafts to retain use of the viscous carrier.
So it isn't worth anything without the halfshafts.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Give me an offer but bare in mind that I am in Malaysia and shipping cost to wherever you are may add to your budget
Well that just caused me to hit the breaks.... that does pose a problem....
Is their any (shipping) info you can provide where I can check to see how much it would cost to me in Louisiana 70605 postal code?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Soileau,
What do you think the weight of this LSD would come up to be?, an estimated weight would be a good enough start for me to ask around for shipping cost.

Meanwhile, a local machine shop guy returned my call to say that he can have a pair of halfshafts custom made for my application, he says the material used for the shafts would be 705, is this the right material for the job?.

In the event that I end up using this LSD on my car, I can still get one for you if you are keen. There are about 4 more laying around at the place where I bought mine, elsewhere are all non-LSDs. Oh yes..., one very interesting find while hunting for an LSD the other day...., I found an R200 non-LSD with a 4.7:1 gear ratio, rather odd to come across one that has this kind of ratio !!. I was thinking maybe I could make use of this ring and pinion gear with an LSD and that would haul a$$....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Soileau,
Yes, all that I have been talking about are "long nose" R200.

Ok you are saying the LSD weights about 80lbs, I personally have not
shipped anything like that before but let me check it out and get back
to you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.